I start Year 2 of college tomorrow

Last year I didn’t even try. This year, I finally have a major and with that some direction. I am doing everything I can to prepare and hopefully succeed. I’m actually only taking three classes this semester - Java II, Unix/Linux I, and Health/Fitness.

Wish me luck, and my best wishes go out to all the other college-goers on this board.

19 Likes

Congratulations - good luck!

2 Likes

Hi! Congratulations! I am starting a community college class too in accounting and was getting anxiety over it. It’s hard doing it alone so I’m glad I have company on this board…

2 Likes

Hoping it goes well. Please come here and lean on us if you need to.

:blush:

3 Likes

Good luck.

1 Like

I did so well in college with severe negative symptoms, i feel like without sz it would be a joke. Hope that somehow encourages u.

2 Likes

What did you study? 1515151515

I never finished, 1 year shy. Mostly easier classes, mix of stuff, i couldnt handle anything that would require much work so it was social work and psych upper classes.

I went through five years of college for nothing. I can’t even use my knowledge for anything now. Totally wasted time, effort and money, since I lost my nursing license. Such a bummer. I wouldn’t recommend nursing school to anybody. Or medical school for that matter. Same thing applies there. Or any field that requires a license and a lot of schooling. You’re taking too big of a risk. I lost my license because the state board of nursing in AZ found out I was sza. That’s all it took and I was out. That was back in Sept. of 1993. I don’t know how it would be now, but that’s how it was then.

Congratulations. Sounds like a good schedule.

That’s terrific! I wish you all the best. Try to have some fun along the way.

Day 1 of Unix/Linux I went smoothly… .already turned in homework for this week… interesting stuff im learning

2 Likes

that’s great!! Keep it up! I’m so jealous rn, my secret wish was to become a computer programmer so I wouldn’t have to work with people as much because it exhausts me. I took one year, but got a D in algorithms/data structures class and so i had to stop, but I still want to learn on my own. :smiley:
Keep going, I’m rooting for you!

Taking three classes is a lot, too!! Especially with computer science!

Way to go! Sounds verrry positive!

What happened last year? Usually students partying and bunking classes… thats not you was it?

And good luck :smiley:

I’d like to gently point out that being a computer programmer professional requires you to work with a team of people… also there is life outside of ComSci! Lol but I don’t blame you for thinking that.

I was sick… missed out on partying and barely made it to class a lot of the time

Sigh… this year will be better… you seem to be going in positive and that’s the main thing :smiley:

1 Like

oh dang i guess there’s no hiding out! lol

1 Like

Linux, it’s for ppl who like to mess with computers!