I never had a real near-death experience

I always wanted one just so I could say I had one.
What I have are many experiences during my drug days which I look at twenty-five years later and say, “Wow, that situation could have gone horribly wrong”. I never thought I was going to die when I was robbed and they broke a bottle over my head from behind. Or the time I was car-jacked. Or when some 19 year old kid I had never seen before beat me with a club because he mistook me for someone who had dragged his brother 5 blocks in a car while his brother was caught halfway under it.Or the guy sitting next to me in my car late at night with a pocket-knife in his hand talking to himself and cussing me out over some perceived slight I committed against him. Or the two guys who drove me out to the bridge that spans lower San Francisco Bay to throw me off. Or the two guys sitting next to me in my car at 3:00 am talking in lowered voices so I couldn’t hear like I wasn’t even there while I was driving. Who I didn’t know and who were mad at me and they were petty hoods who had already ripped me off and stolen my car. I knew they were planning something but I couldn’t get them out of my car. These experiences made me a little nervous but I didn’t fear for my life.

truth is @77nick77 your situations were a lot worse than mine but I have had several near death experiences. one at gun point in an argument with a murderous room mate ( he told me he had killed someone in brownsville in the early eighties.) anyways, I could have been killed if I had answered the call to go out on an oilfield job I had where you have to work near and on an oilrig. the guy they got to fill my spot on that particular job was killed and he was in the place I would be if I had gone on the job. another time we were pulling a propane tank on a mickey mouse trailer and it broke loose but was being pulled by a chain behind the truck and banging around until the top valve got knocked off and it started actually flying around in the bed of the truck and then when we stopped the vehicle it was blowing cold propane on my side window and we ran away and called for help. could have blown because there were sparks from the gravel road it was dragging on. I guess that’s why it’s frozen.

That’s some crazy ■■■■. Kansas must be a pretty mild place to live I’ve never heard any stories like that.