I need help about invega sustenna

My doctor thinks I’m starting to develop Sz so he put me on invega sustenna since last November, I had 4 shots so far and my next one on the 1st of march. I suffered from side effects but now it’s better however my happiness is gone and I don’t seem to feel good at all. Is this the way this injection works? Or will I get my Serotonin and dopamine levels back again? Plz help!
I take Kemadrin for the Akathisia and it’s working amazingly, the angedonia has improved a bit but I can’t seem to feel joy out of anything, is this permanent as long as I continue to take this medicine or will it improve?

1 Like

Not fully sure, but best advice is to talk to the doctor in depth and in full detail. He / she can then help you figure it out properly.

Thank u for the reply, I’m seeing him next week but i want someone who is on the same meds it’s better I guess

1 Like

I understand. Yes, it can be at times helpful , but sometimes it can cause more problems too.

Also thank you for your bravery… A lot of folks are afraid to talk like this in out in public.

Your welcome, it seemed the only way now it’s like the injection stopped my serotonin completely and everything seems dull and I’m not happy

1 Like

Hey josh,

I have been on invega sustenna for approximately or about 3 years, I guess everyone’s reaction to it can be different as far as tolerance and how each person’s body chemistry is not the same. For me though I take the maximum dose 234mg every 3 weeks but I’m talking to my nurse about getting the once every 3 month injection so it would give me more time in between getting sick. For a while I used haldol when I needed it in pill form for when I started feeling like I was about to have an episode but due to frequent side effects… And my reaction was ‘ocular gyric crisis’ which is where my eye balls roll up and back into my head and i cant see anything… That would last anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes and usually the day after or later that day from when I took a haldol pill. But now I’m taking Latuda pill which is a newer med that I haven’t noticed any bad side effects from.

With invega sustenna 234mg let 3 weeks usually about after 2 weeks it wears off and I have to feel the precursor of the onset of my illness returning and me drifting into madness and irritation and all that stuff.
It has been good to me for a long time. But I’m starting to get tired of having to get sick as early as every few weeks or less. So if you need to and you maybe will try and talk to your pdoc about having some oral antipsychotic pills to take as needed. They will help when the injection starts to wear off.
Just some of my thoughts regarding invega sustenna. If you would like to discuss more just let me know man i’d be glad to share more about how I’ve been doing with the shot.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, when you first started taking it did u feel unhappy? Or as if something is taking the joy from you? Tell me about your first few months on the injection

2 Likes

Well like I said I’ve been taking it for years so my memory is a bit foggy when it comes to remembering how it made me feel after I was taking it for a while but I do remember a couple instances of when I was getting used to it that I’ll share.

The first time they injected me in the shoulder and I have inherited a self defense mechanism trait from my dad where I pass out sometimes from getting shots, altho tattoos never bothered me I think it’s something to do with the needle getting deeper inside me. Anyways… so i passed out drenched in sweat in the chair but was back to normal just a bit shook up by the time the ambulance arrived because they thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to the medicine which I wasnt… So further in maybe a day or two later I snapped on my mom which I’m still not sure why I did it. I just kept feeling pissed or irritable towards when she cleaned my room when I lived with them. I ended up slapping her for unplugging my laptop charger if I remember right. I really think it was me just adjusting to the invega sustenna. I had to take the pills for a short time to make sure there wasn’t any allergies with me. Then i remember feeling kinda like the shot was relieving like it took away my insanity tics and actually allowed me to relax and be comfortable… I don’t remember if I was feeling ‘happy’ during the first year or so but for me I got super deep into my pagan religion and that made me happy I remember… so my advice to you is to make sure you do something to find an outlet for yourself. It could be anything just try and do a expedition of trying hobbies or something where you can see what you enjoy doing. At the time when I started taking invega sustenna my hobby was the art of knifemaking but because I never could sell any of my knives I ended up getting into making instrumental hip hop beats… the knifemaking lasted about 2 years and I’ve been a music producer for about a year now.

So like I said try and find an outlet for you to be express your feelings/emotions so you can be happy…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your advice

2 Likes

How are you doing now?

Zombie threads. Seriously, just start your own. Most of these people aren’t even around anymore.

1 Like