I might have Schizophrenia!

Yes, I admittedly have been doing a LOT of research on Schizophrenia recently. I assure you though that I am not a hypochondriac. All of my symptoms I had prior to even considering schizophrenia & some of the signs/symptoms that I found that I didn’t have prior to my obsessive Google spree didn’t suddenly materialize after. I definitely think I have some health anxiety for sure but I don’t think it’s the cause of my troubles. I had very real & troubling symptoms that made start researching

Unfortunately I have crap insurance so I don’t even know how much access I have to qualified psychiatrists.

1 Like

health anxiety is very real & troubling, and it is in addition to whatever else a person has going on. It’s a terrible illness and just as terrible as any other disease.

1 Like

Ok sorry to hear that. I’m not completely sure how it works in the USA (I’m from Europe) .

I understand what you’re saying. Honestly I wasn’t too concerned in the beginning because I figured I was just stressing myself out. There have been times when I haven’t been anxious though & yet still I wasn’t my usual self. I still couldn’t sleep & my brain still felt fuzzy & strange & that’s when I really started to become concerned

How does it work in Europe?

Health anxiety sure beats schizophrenia. I wish I was convinced that that’s all it is yet I’ve never had health anxiety before so I think it’d be strange to just suddenly become that. I actually started to Google schizophrenia more because I figured the symptoms would be so different from what I was experiencing that I’d be able to stop worrying but everything I was reading just seemed to fit what I was going through

Generally speaking the state/country pays for your hospital stay or psychiatric visits.

Kinda like Canada. Here if you don’t have $$ you’re basically screwed. A lot of mentally ill people in America can’t afford medications & end up homeless or worse. It’s really sad

1 Like

Your story reminds me of why marijuana really shouldn’t be legal without attending some sort of medical class and a trip to the E/R and Psych ward.

2 Likes

Why would it be strange to suddenly have health anxiety and not strange to suddenly have schizophrenia?

2 Likes

The symptoms you’re describing don’t sound like schizophrenia to me. It sounds like you had a bad trip, and you will need time to recover from that. It also sounds like you’re psyching yourself out and making your symptoms even worse. It would make sense that your anxiety and BPD symptoms would get worse after eating a massive amount of pot. Give yourself time to recover, and try to do deep breathing exercises, and find coping skills to help you deal with your anxiety.

Even if you were in the prodromal stage of schizophrenia, they wouldn’t do anything except observe you and see if your symptoms progressed. The medications can cause all kinds of negative side effects, so they don’t like to put people on them before they need to. If you’re really worried, you can start taking omega 3 fatty acids. Some research suggests that taking omega 3 in the prodromal stage of psychosis can help prevent it from ever progressing.

Trust your doctor, and give yourself some time.

2 Likes

Definitely! I was extremely illinformed & made a terrible decision based off ignorance. I had no idea that there was even such a well documented connection or even any kind of connection between marijuana & mental illness. My sister who is a regular marijuana user pressured me into doing it, I trusted her experience & had no idea shed recklessly give me 6x the recommended dose knowing I’d never done it before & had zero tolerance. Everybody makes bad decisions unfortunately mine just might have Irreversible consequences :sob:

@SzAdmin, how’s that “I think I might have SZ / Does this sound like SZ” sticky thread coming along?

2 Likes

in my experience if you think you have it you probably don’t. But that’s just my opinion. I am not a doctor. I have a chronic case of paranoid schizophrenia.

Doctors told me I had it for 6 years before I finally accepted it.

Still not convinced it wasn’t a conspiracy so I am still technically delusional until proven otherwise.

Good luck.

I might have a rogue Chimichanga in my freezer.
Hello dinner.

Join the club marijuana triggered psychosis in me 16 years ago. The doctors still don’t know what I have.
I’ve had almost ten psychotic episodes now without drugs. Don’t have schizophrenia but have to take the same medicine for the rest of my life.

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: … In all truth, the only thing I regret about my early days, was not going home. I don’t think you’re schizophrenic - so in all truth, the best thing you can do for yourself is go live with your family (or wherever you consider home) rest for a while - regain your strength first before you live (regain that normal feeling you had before you started feeling this way) Most of the time it’s probably just you being in a stressful environment.

I misread this as chinchilla. :fearful:

3 Likes

In my case I thought I had it but the word schizophrenic ment nothing to me so I didn’t take it seriously or go to the doctor. Not until the suicide. Now I know better.