I know this has probably been asked before

Um… When things seem to be going in a downward spiral and I don’t feel that well, (feeling absolutely awful) how can I say that to my psychologist?.. Should I make a list of the things bothering me?.. I barely cant speak

I find that making a list helps with remembering things to say to my doctors.

5 Likes

A list is always good, when I get to the office I find we get talking then I leave and remember I never mentioned the stuff I wanted to talk about

1 Like

I have a blank book that I use to make lists and take notes when I’m speaking to my doctor. I use it when I’m unwell and when I’m in recovery and still use it now. It’s good because it’s all there together and you can look at your progress

Yes a list is a good idea or write notes of what you’re going to say. I just talk ro my doctor and he is pretty nice and understanding.

Yeah, I think either a written list or just having something in mind to talk about before you go in is perfectly acceptable and a good idea. I’m sure a therapist would not oppose this. An extreme idea might be making a voice recording of what problems you are worried about and taking that in and playing it as long as it is not too crazy. I’ve never heard of anyone doing this before but maybe it’s a good idea.

2 Likes

I think having a list is a very good idea. Maybe you could also try keeping a journal. Writing can be therapeutic and may help you express your feelings.

2 Likes

I actually started doing that :slight_smile:

1 Like