I know things, but I'm realizing

I know things, but as I’m talking to more and more people, I’m noticing that I’m not very smart, bright, witty, or happy where it counts…this paired with schizoaffective disorder is really making me hate life. I can’t keep from crying after doing things on my own. My father wants me to keep trying to work in corporate-administrative-clerical jobs, but these communication skills I have are lacking during interviews and phone calls; emails as well. I’m completely overwhelmed, mad about the past, sad about my levels of intellect, and irritated with my defensive and fidgety nonverbal communication. I take everything to heart. Every word I hear.

4 Likes

Hang in There! A lot of us have self-doubt.

4 Likes

Thank you ! I will do my best

2 Likes

They all say that it is hard for you when you wear your heart on your sleeve. But that is better than locking it up in a safe. Stay cool, W.

2 Likes

I know I’ve become less smart since the antipsychotics, I stutter thinking of words to say because they don’t come as quick so that makes me sound less intelligent.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry things are so difficult. Do your best and try not to be so down on yourself. What meds are you taking? Perhaps you need to switch them up. I hope you are talking to your doctor about all this or will. An antidepressant would probablt do you some good. It may be a trial and error to find the right one for you.

3 Likes

Hang in there, stay positive

3 Likes

Be careful of “where it counts”. It’s whether you think you’re cool and not whether others think you’re cool. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Wmn09. I heard the expression “don’t compare your insides to other people’s outsides”. This has helped me. People often don’t talk about their insecurities with others, they hide them. There are plenty of people much brighter than me, sometimes I can learn from them. As far as communication abilities, does practice make perfect? Sometimes I think the more times I get out and talk with others the better I get at it.

2 Likes

I’m taking Latuda, but I probably need to switch or level up from where I am now. At a support meeting someone suggested I try Zyprexa. I’ve tried Geodon, Abilify, and Seroquel and they didn’t work for me. I had rough side effects with them. I’d like to try Abilify again because I’d like the injection to not have to take pills everyday.

As far as antidepressants , I’ve tried of lexapro, trintellix, zoloft, and remeron, and they either didn’t work for me or had side effects like blurred vision. I’m discouraged to try another, but i too think i could really benefit from an antidepressant

lol you are right

1 Like

Ah. I guess I can say that the day’s conversations are beneficial…i can learn from them

3 Likes

Yes. All these words, smiles​:blush:, gestures and hugs, all this conversation is for understanding each other. Love! I guess that’s corny.:yum:

It is good that you feel good.

Peace.

1 Like