I just quit my job

I can’t believe I did that, but I had to. It was too much stress, and too fast-paced for me. Way too much stress. Now I don’t know what I’m going to do for money. They were going to fire me very soon, anyway, I just beat them to the punch.

This morning while I was delivering meds to patient rooms there was this little girl in the one room I went into who was just crying and moaning in agony. Stuff like that got to me, too. I just wanted to cry for this little girl.

I didn’t even go talk to my boss. I just packed up the contents of my locker, said goodbye to a couple of the nicer techs, told them, “I’m out; I can’t do this anymore,” and left.

I’m going to take it easy today, but tomorrow I will probably go fill out job apps, start looking around.

6 Likes

But I’m sure you feel some relief? I know how it feels. I hope you’re ok. And I hope you find something soon :slight_smile:

I suppose there is some relief knowing I don’t have to go back there. Also, knowing I won’t be waking up at 2:00-2:15 a.m. to get ready for work. Maybe I can find something with more normal hours.

Yes. Lack of sleep is not good for us. Not healthy.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I know how hard you tried to make that job work for you. You should feel proud of what you accomplished while you were there. And I know you’ll be able to find another job.

5 Likes

@anon80629714, I was still getting six or seven hours of sleep per night, not too bad, but I was having to go to bed around 7 p.m. to make that happen.

@Ninjastar, I sure hope I find something quickly. And yes, I tried like hell to make that job work. It was bad for my mental health, though.

3 Likes

I’ve had jobs like that. Jobs where all I wanted to do was stay and make a difference, but they just destroyed my stability. It’s hard to admit defeat.

In your state, what are the rules for Medicaid and temporary welfare? Can you use social services as a bridge until you find something new?

2 Likes

I don’t know about Medicaid and welfare, but I could look into it. Welfare typically is for people with children, but I could at least see about Medicaid and a food stamp card.

What?!

I hope you feel relieved,

And you really only have a few more months until you can go back to teaching, right?

That’s not a whole lot of time.

You could even pull off a low stress job for less money and just scrape by until then.

Sorry this job has been such a soap opera,

I’m happy you’re done with it.

1 Like

In NY, you qualify for Medicaid the day you leave your job. In other states, you have to wait a bit. I don’t know what your state is like. Here, you have to have less than $2,500 in the bank to get food stamps.

2 Likes

Good for you. I think you made the right move.

1 Like

See if you can get on dissability. It’s cool to know there’s people out there functioning with sz even though there are some hiccups like these. Makes me feel like I just have to find the right medicine bc I can barely function on invega. Good luck dude!

1 Like

@anon84763962, thank you for the support :slight_smile:

@anon20742722, disability takes way too long to get, and I do not have family to take care of me while I apply (and appeal). The initial decision alone takes three months, and I don’t have that kind of time. Even if I got it on the first try my benefit would be only about $1000/month before paying my Medicare premium. Yeah, I can’t do that. I have to work, no other choice. I actually have sza, not sz.

1 Like

Good luck @freakonaleash I am sure you will figure things out and it will work out.

1 Like

Well in that case good luck. I wish I had the mentality that I had to just do it all no matter what, but I have a lot of antisocial issues that make me scared to return to work. Do it for me, good luck!

1 Like

I’ve run into a couple of social services in cities who not only operate a food bank, giving out free food for needy people, but they also give out one-time cash grants that you don’t have to pay back. One place would pay one months rent to people in emergencies. I ran into a food bank that if you volunteered there for a couple of days a week they would give you free food to last a few weeks.