I have to drop my class, sad times

I didn’t get a book stipend from the GI bill. And the lab manual aside from the textbook is about 250 dollars. :frowning:

It sucks, but that’s the way it rolls sometimes.

2 Likes

so sorry 1515151515

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve been pretty unstable lately. So maybe it’s a sign of something. I don’t know.

2 Likes

That’s too bad the GI Bill didn’t provide a stipend for the text book. Don’t they realize how expensive textbooks are?

2 Likes

Yeah it stinks haha. I think its because I owe the VA money. Not sure though.

Sorry to hear that @Montezuma!

1 Like

Maybe you can find the textbook free online or something if you have a tablet.

2 Likes

Thank you for the idea, but it’s a lab manual that’s only sold through the college. Otherwise I would hook it up through Amazon or something.

Can you buy it second hand?

1 Like

Maybe explain it to the teacher. In labs maybe you can sponge off your lab partner.

Hmmmm not sure, according to the college’s website it’s required and only sold through them, I don’t think I can get it 2nd hand.

If it’s what I think it is, the lab manuel is like notes you take in class. Most of it is typed out already and you just fill in blanks. I had that in my first class this summer. But I could be wrong, I’m just going off personal experience.

1 Like

Can you explain to the college that you can’t afford the lab manual and will need to drop the course and ask them if there’s any way to get a discount on the lab manual?

1 Like

May be a long shot - you probably thought of this - but is there something you can sell in order to buy the text?

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty much it. It’s for a science course.

1 Like

I don’t mean to sound suspicious, but is it “written” by the professor of the course? Because if it is, it sounds like he’s giving himself a raise.

1 Like

Hmmmm I am unsure how sympathetic the college would be about that.

@Tomasina Yeah I have thought of that, but with the valuable records and comic combined I would probably only get about 50-100 bucks. Plus I don’t want to sale anything.

I hear you. It’s rough! 15151515

1 Like

Oh no worries. That’s a good question, on the college’s bookstore website it doesn’t say who the author is. I’m kinda curious too though.

1 Like

All in all it’s probably a good thing that I drop the class. Earlier when I walked to the library I was convinced I was being followed and stalked.

I should probably get my mind right before going back to school.

3 Likes