I hate advertising

its a bloody cheek really if you think about it.
imagine if a man came to your door and said hi is your kid home?
yes ok I just want to tell them about some really unhealthy food, overpriced and innapropriate toys.
youd say get out or well call the police.

4 Likes

This is the only commercial I like! Because it is true! and says what you say

3 Likes

I hate ads too.

I don’t watch tv or listen to the radio. On the Internet I use adblock plus. I rarely see ads.

1 Like

I like to answer the front door holding my recurve bow. Not drawn, no arrow, but it looks intimidating all the same. Sales and religious folk don’t like it. Suits me fine.

10-96

3 Likes

i admire that i bypass anwering the oor altogether its usually just better wear asking for their magazine back
i threw it out with all the other crap i say and they say no we want it back then why did they give it to me oh grrr

Advertising always seems to me like an insult to one’s intelligence.

3 Likes

That is how I explain it to my 4 year old when she wants something with princesses etc (Campbell’s soup especially)

“They put that there so that you will want to buy it, but, it has bad ingredients, they are trying to trick you, isn’t that rude?”

Then she gets the cute little scowl and starts ranting about being “deceived” which sounds very little like the real word.

2 Likes

Thats a bit like what my mom did with me. She always voice her social and poltical opinions to me when I was little, and I grew up thinking about a lot of conspiracies instead. Im not sure, but I’d like to think I’m somewhat of an online activist.

I just want my daughter to eat healthy, nothing political.

1 Like

no samples that’s good parenting kids would eat sweets all day if they could heyre mad for haribo LOL

1 Like

I never get sales people at the door where I live, or religious folk. What I do get are telemarketers, most are machines now so I can’t even blast them like i used to…
I used to mess with them bad when they were live people and say things like “You have reached an unauthorized number. You could be sanctioned for calling it,”
or,
“Your job must really suck! How can you do this? get a life !”

One time they got so bad I put on my answering machine “Telemarketers beware! Do NOT call here ever again. You will be sued ! If you’re anyone else, please leave a message…”

LOL you can try this then they say oh we are here we have this ti sell blah blah blah say canyou explain about the product again and keep asking that question over and over waste their time like they do yours lol

1 Like

Advertising is evil. I was in one of my psychology classes