I had the blues about being 70, so I

made up a 5 year plan. There are women who go to my gym who are in their late 80’s and I know one who is a widow and lives alone and maintains her house. She is an inspiration to me. Anyway, I would live in a down town rooming house because I don’t want alone. And I would get a job in the local grocery store that is within walking distance in case of bad weather. It has perked up my spirits and made me feel like doing more now. 5 years is a long time but I’ll be damned if I’m going to fail again. I want to be prepared.

6 Likes

It would be a new road to go down.

Yes, it would be and I have a lot of doubts to iron out. But it’s better than sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

Maybe more interesting - the planning too.

planning but mostly doing. I’ve been so idle and to disagree with what I’ve been telling myself, it’s not because there is “nothing to do”.

My dad turned 74 yesterday and he’s still very active - he plays lawn bowls for years already since he retired in 2004. My mom is 70 and is also active in her little town’s community. Its wonderful to hear from them what they are getting up to!