I got offered a job :(

But I couldn’t take it I was to start on Thursday but I don’t think I can manage the 90 min journey into work

2 Likes

I think I would at least try for a month if the problem is a 90 min of transport.

It’s too far 3 changes on the tube, maybe even four depending on how the tube is. I know I’ll find something. Plus it was only temp

At my current job it’s 30 min of transportation. I expect 90 min in the next posting.

Yeah but we’re all different. I don’t think I can manage the journey. If I finished work I’d be home at 7 what life will I have

1 Like

Keep looking for a better job then!

1 Like

Ish! I love reading your stuff. Your life keeps getting better and better. Still dating? I hope so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t take a job with a 90 minute commute either. I can barely manage 30.

2 Likes

Haha not as much as I used to :see_no_evil:

1 Like

at least you learned from it though, right?. maybe, next time you’re feeling vulnerable, you can make use of what you learned.

1 Like

Yes it’s true. I’ve learned not everyone can be trusted. It’s a harsh truth

3 Likes

christ, i wish i could get used. lol. (being serious)

2 Likes

I start my job at four or four thirty in the morning…to get to work takes me 12 minutes by car. I drive like a mad race driver sometimes in the deserted city streets…i never run a red light though. I go like 80 km per hour,so far I have not been stopped. I never see any police at this time. Once a police car was following as I was going 70 km per hour in the city and I stopped at a red light and looked over to the lane next to me only to look right into the face of the police man driving. He kind of looked angry at me but he decided to not bother about it…I continued to drive ahead of him now at the proper speed unitl he took a turn and then I drove fast again. if you drive a car, the commuting is something not so bad. I feel good in my car, like in a capsule and in my own space. Driving home from work in the early afternoon is a bit longer, it takes half hour. Homeward bound I drive slow and comfortable. I had jobs before were I had to commute by car in rush hour for like one hour and some. it was ok though. That was for an office job with flexible times. Do you drive a car Ish?

1 Like

Hate driving so much :frowning:

I know that this got flagged but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t thinking the same thing even before I read your post.

I could potentially get a job in a sister city that is like an hours travel from where I am now. So if I get that job I will have to ask myself if the commute is worth it. It depends on how much it pays, if it is a long term job, and if you could use the experience to get a better job down the line. That is my two cents didn’t really answer your question I guess. You have to do that.

1 Like

That would be an awfully long commute; you would have dreaded going to work, just because you would have dreaded the commute that much. I commute about 70 minutes each way to a job I love, and yeah, I sometimes dread making that drive, even if it is normally only twice a week. I love the job, though.