I give up I do

I spoke to gp. about issues I had with dating and posting provocative pics and she says I’m doing it cos I don’t have friends my age and need friends. She says I’m going to dating sites for that reason. That explains it!!! Let me quit mood stabiliser and go find friends it will solve it

1 Like

But realistically, can you find friends who will accept you and your schizophrenia?

Maybe what she meant was that you’re lonely and looking for company, and getting yourself confused about what kind of company you’re looking for?

I’m not saying you are, but maybe that’s what she meant?

The whole world is not full of intolerant morons and I like to keep positive.

No what I’m trying to say is it was to me part of the symptom me being that revealing. But apparently it’s cos I need to find friends my age. I get on with older people though :confused:

@anon80629714 It’s best to keep your schizophrenic profile a secret when you make new friends then. Good luck on your endeavour!

As I don’t think I have schizophrenia , but I don’t want friends who are intolerant anyway.

@anon80629714 Well, if you have a steady job and have been working for more than a year with real life friends during your downtime, you may not need medication.

I don’t care for friends I don’t need the stress. I have a few but they older. Like in their 50s. I was being sarcastic about what the GP said. I worked a long time and decided to take a break after a break down. But I have only had one psychosis 7 years ago.

I definitely need medication and I love my medication but I’m frustrated no one understands

In the DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistics Manual for Mental Disorders - 5) A full functioning person who has a stable job and is sought after with friends and or family doesn’t need medication even with a history of only one psychosis.

1 Like

I told my psychiatrist that I am not making any friends and that I need friends. She told me that at her age (she is about 55) she is also not making any friends. I do not know if that was suppose to make me feel better.

My friends are all older than me. Some already died. I do not have any friends in the town where I am living. My father is my best friend atm

5 Likes

LOL I’m not sure what to think of that. In Europe the dsm is not used.

@anon80629714 whoops, my bad… I forgot you were in the UK.

GPs aren’t trained in psychiatry.

1 Like

I needed to hear it thank you.

1 Like

Yes it is. Not much going on. I had a friend from Pretoria who visited me the other day so we did some fun stuff around the area…visited the Diaz Museum…went on a boat ride and visited some neighboring suburbs and towns.

How are things in Cape Town for you?

I get on with the older people I like spending time with them and chilling. But I tend to date younger guys. That’s always been the case.

Ah, I see. Sorry, I think I misunderstood.

I also always liked the younger women. My wife was 7 years younger than me. I am divorced for almost 12 years now and have not dated since. I decided to grow old being single.

1 Like