I forgot I was in love

It taught me the lesson that love is fleeting, at best, and not very real. This is in reference to romantic love, not the love to a child.

5 Likes

Relationships are complicated and friends are seasonal sometimes. Doesn’t mean you aren’t loved you are and are a very loveable person.

1 Like

I think love is real,. But real love is a choice of something you decide to do for a lifetime, no matter what. It’s more about your will,. Romance is something you have to work at as your relationship grows older, but I think it kinda gets overshadowed by a deeper more dedicated love. I think love gets better the longer you are together but it takes 2 people with this same additude to have a good marriage.

2 Likes

Real love is not difficult, in fact if you have to work hard at it, it ain’t love, nor worth it.
Kind of like a fart, if you have to push, it’s probably shat.

3 Likes

you know what - my mom and dad stayed together for more than - now 25 years and they love each other.

it is what it is - love is devotion.

My parents were married just one year short of their 60th anniversary, till death did they part.
My dad fell ill the year prior, and my mom cared for him till he died…that is love, warts and all.

2 Likes

@Csummers@cherie, I’m sure that type of love happens, it just doesn’t happen to everyone. Lucky you !:relaxed:

it didn’t happen without a lot of compassion and commitment…something one isn’t born with, but learns throughout life.

1 Like

In the past I have seen cases wife develop severe mental health problems and the husband still love her and take good care of her. It just doesn’t happen to me. Mine run away when I lost my earning potential!

My first husband ran away when I ran out of money…made us both pretty happy.