I failed my first test in bio

Can someone give me a hug :cry:

I keep thinking about dropping this damn classā€¦but thereā€™s something inside of me that says to stick it out.

On my online grade-sheet it says Iā€™m getting a D but thereā€™s still a lot of stuff that hasnā€™t been graded on there.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a bummer about the exam; I know how much you have been enjoying the class.

2 Likes

Thank you for the consolationā€¦

Iā€™m going to stick it out. I donā€™t want to go further in debt to the VA and I need the degree.

Does your school offer free tutoring for that class?

Yes they do.

Also I have a pretty huge crush on a girl in the class. She probably doesnā€™t think anything of me ā€“ but itā€™s nice to see her a few times a week and talk to her.

1 Like

Yeah, I would definitely take advantage of the help. Thatā€™s cool about the girl, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha :slight_smile: thanks. Yeah itā€™s nice to know not all hope is lost when it comes to that stuff (in regards to the lady).

As far as tutoring, I probably should take advantage of that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s too bad about your exam, but definitely try to continue with the class. Maybe talk with the instructor about strategies to help you do better on the next exam.

1 Like

One really nice thing about this class is that thereā€™s no final exam.

So I can pretty much ā€œbrain-dumpā€ all the previous unit and start studying for the current unit.

In fact I might start doing that tonight.

Hey @Moonbeam thank you for encouraging me to stick it out.

Talking with the instructor is probably a good idea.

Like I said in my previous post thereā€™s no final, so I can just move on to the next unit and start studying that.

Edited to add ---- 4 cups of coffee today ā€” Iā€™m not sleeping anytime soon!! Ha!

1 Like

Wow that sucks. Iā€™ve been in love with a woman in the same class before. Impossible to concentrate. Although I guess it is good too in a different perspective.

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t if itā€™s because I am older than a lot of the other students or if itā€™s the APā€™s ā€“ but I am always very scatter brained in class and I have a hard time focusing.

1 Like

Could also be a symptom of the illness. Cognitive impairment is one of the things with sz.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying that. It probably is the illness.

1 Like

Also did you tell anyone you are sz? I wonder if there is discrimination in academia.

No I havenā€™t told anyone. I did tell a girl who works in the veteranā€™s office but I doubt she knows anyone in the class Iā€™m in now.

When I was in school it was cool to be able to sit with the good looking girls in class. Thatā€™s one of the many benefits of college.

1 Like

If necessary, can you maybe get special accommodations for when you take exams?

1 Like

Haha yeah itā€™s pretty nice. I have no romantic aspirations but itā€™s nice to smile and feel part of society.

Yes. Sometimes I would get to talk to these beautiful girls, but other times I just sat there unnoticed. I never was good at small talk anyway.

1 Like