I don't want to live

I don’t want to live

1 Like

Please go on meds.

3 Likes

What’s going on Erez? Perhaps you need to talk to a professional?

4 Likes

“Everyday life is a struggle, with the biggest victory being the chance to keep struggling.”

“Not everyday is a good day. Live anyway.”

2 Likes

I was in this mood weeks later, but now I think that as long as there is life, there is hope.
Try to do what you can the better you can and wait, maybe things will go better even if it seems imposible, it’s all in the state of mind.

4 Likes

@everhopeful I feel listless off meds, the meds are considered to have adverse effects in that regard,
I can’t imagine taking them.
Perhaps I can try a safe med like lurasidone.
@Zoom not every day is a good day is a big understatement, I hardly ever have a good day,
( there were relatively better and worse days, but none that I would call good).

3 Likes

I’m the opposite. I feel listless when I’m ON meds. Glad you posted back in.

1 Like

that’s what I am saying mate @Patrick if it makes the listlessness worse I may turn into a complete
zombie. that’s why I am afraid to take meds.

Talk it over with your Doc. Maybe he can find you the right med that doesn’t make you feel lethargic/listless. Give it a shot!

1 Like

Maybe find a medication combination if any antipsychotics are making you feel this way, after trying them.
Also some times medicines lose certain side effects after a month, such as tiredness.
I find an antipsychotic and an antidepressant keep me sane and active for the most part.

1 Like

@Erez_Shmerling, different meds will have different effects. Drugs like Abilify and Geodon aren’t very sedating. And after a couple of months on meds, the sedating effects start to wear off. If you give them a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised.

4 Likes

Erez sup… Try medication… It will help u… Ur good person… Take care…!!!

1 Like

You need meds. You are obviously NOT functioning without them and if you’re suicidal, what you are doing is NOT working. Please see a doctor immediately to get proper treatment. I’m proof that even those who are thought to be unable to recover can do so, and I’m nothing special.

7 Likes

@shutterbug don’t say that you are not special!
The way you managed to recover, and become a high achiever is admirable!
Your recovery is a combination of luck and effort, I think both elements are needed in order to recover.

4 Likes

Love that, @Zoom! What a great saying!

1 Like

From the Internet. :smile:

1 Like

I’ve had years in a row of bad days, and I can tell you it’s still worth it. I’m on an up-swing right now, that’s true, and thank goodness! But I’ve experienced tremendously bad times and made it through. Even at theses times I’d prefer to be with God and not on this planet. But I am here, and there are good things.
Talk to your doctor, your therapist… Look toward a solution. You’ll find one. :heart:

5 Likes

It took ages for my meds to kick in, but after a few months it felt like I wasn’t taking anything at all. Give it time. Don’t end your life, it’s precious, however fragile it may be.

1 Like

When I feel that way I think about whether I can get by for another minute, hour, day. And I can. And weeks, months even.

When I’m making a change (and even when I’m not) I know that things will either get better, get worse, or stay the same. Therefore I am prepared.

I think you have nothing to lose really by trying some different meds. If you give it the ol college try (as others have pointed out, you may need to give it long enough and some initial side effects may wear off) and it doesn’t work, you aren’t really any worse off. And you may find that you are better off.

1 Like

(I usually add) like this

It brings another perspective. You don’t wanna live like this, try to change something about it, it could be your diet or attitude or meds or friends.
Stay calm and be patient

7 Likes