I don't want to believe what I believe anymore

well i know there is something here we have caught orbs in videos and pictures. i heard one night when my mother in law woke up she saw her daughter standing in front of the stove and she kept calling her and she didn’t answer. she turned her head for a moment to wake my father in law and she was gone so she made her husband go upstairs to check and see if every thing was okay with my partner’s little sister and she was asleep.

I just think that to dismiss all spiritual sorts of things is naive. People have forever, in every culture, believed in spirits of one sort or another.
I never believed in ghosts really until after my mom passed. She definitely stayed around the house for about a week afterward. I unfortunately told her to stop walking past doorways because it startled me, and she left altogether.
My husband believes that his grandma or grandpa is in our house. Like I said, he’s not mi. We are Catholic though, so it’s common for both of our families to believe in ghosts…we’re more open to it than some.

4 Likes

I am sorry you are experiencing that belief. I know it can be hard to shake a strong delusion. Apparently this one has followed you for awhile. Maybe a med adjustment would help. I would mention it to your pdoc. I am haunted by my paranoia that I am going to be sacrificed. It never goes away completely, it only gets really strong then pulls back, then gets strong and pulls back. Like a foot on a gas pedal. It accelerates and thhen slows down but never goes away. I am getting a new pdoc and I will mention it to them.

1 Like

I hate that people don’t call us out, but it’s true they just add to our beliefs by going along with what we tell them. They don’t know how to confront us with reality. We can become very convinced and most people will agree with use rather than causing confrontation. Sad but true. So straight up no portal. It’s the sz.

@Hedgehog even before I got sick there was a ghost or darkness in the house. My grandfather came to see me the instant he died back in the eighties…scared the hell out of my room mate but I found out the next day he passed away when we heard the drawers being opened and closed and both the lanterns we were using for light were blown out. Yes, I believe in ghosts.

2 Likes

Here’s where I draw the line on what I believe: is it useful? Is it harmful to myself or anyone around me? Legitimate beliefs should be useful, and should never harm me or anyone around me. That’s my personal criteria.
The sz can spin things out, but whether something is a valid belief or a sz delusion doesn’t matter to me as much as those two questions. So, even if it’s sz delusion, if I find some comfort or reason in it and it doesn’t hurt anyone, who cares?
Besides, what explanation is there for “sane” people seeing/hearing ghosts too?

3 Likes

oh my dear sweet delusional @Hedgehog I wish you would report to a doctor that can take away all your run ins with spirits…I know you think you would be too lonely but it’s not natural to have pet spirits! I am sorry this thread encouraged you to be “o k” with your delusion. I am not o k with it…so I want to help you…please go on meds…?

1 Like

I’m not delusional, @jukebox. Or if I am, I’m not raving, so it’s acceptable delusion.
I have honestly and genuinely considered medication. I will never take medication. I will die first, with my mind my own and intact.
I know you would never mean to trick me, or lead me into divulging my beliefs so that you could turn them back on me, would you, @jukebox? So, I just won’t comment on your threads when you think you’re struggling in the future. We all have to make the choices that suit us best.

1 Like

@Hedgehog aww honey don’t go and put me on blast. I am only concerned that you suffer. don’t leave me baby, don’t go baby don’t go !!

I was trying to be supportive to you, @jukebox. Now that you apparently “feel better”, you’re backtracking and pointing at me as if I’m the one who brought all of this up.
By the way, I don’t have “pet spirits”, or however you phrased that. I have a spiritual life and belief system, etc. It gets twisted and exaggerated by sz sometimes, but nothing I wrote here was so far off base that you should be pointing to me at all.
If you have genuine concern, I appreciate that, but mocking me is not an effective way to communicate.
I’m angry, but I won’t be drawn into a dispute with you. Leave me alone, @jukebox. You have zero understanding of what my suffering has been, nor my triumphs.

Didn’t you recently quit smoking, jukebox? If so, your body is experiencing a lot of change and this might be why the old disturbance is kicking up. We love you.:slight_smile:

I don’t know what to believe, my in laws tell me stuff that goes on in their house and they try to get me to believe it. anyway I hope you are feeling better. please take care of yourself

@jukebox I’m not saying that you are completely delusional, but it does seem that you have these unusual beliefs.
There is no portal to Hell in your House.
Your meds might need tweaking.

@Hedgehog I didn’t bring this up to mock you in any way !! what are you talking about? edit…I love you hedgehog. I don’t know why I picked on you. maybe I am delusional. I care a lot about you.

1 Like

When I was at my worst I used to believe my house where I grew up was the mouth to hell, the city I grew up in was hell, and a larger city to the south of my small city was the real area 51 which was located below the city. I also believed there was a huge government underground complex below my city and probably elsewhere in this region. I believed the earth was being hollowed out and that half of the planet wasn’t on maps but was actually a land of huge alien insects who were preparing to destroy earth. For me it’s just a delusion and it’s probably just something in my subconscious that I haven’t dealt with that has caused me to have these delusions.

1 Like