I don't want permanent meds. I seek as needed dosage medication

Hello!

Many years ago a very “real” an odd circumstance happened to me which required me to seek help. After help, the psychiatrist said I had symptoms related to schizophrenia. But, also had many symptoms that proved I did not have it. I tried a drug, do not remember the name, and it made me “zombie” like. He apologized and I said I did not want to be dependent on a drug. And then everything was fine for the next 8 years.

Now then, I fear I am in a situation, somewhat similar, that is causing me much grief. It is absolutely crazy and would either mean I am in a prolonged episode with a delusional reality or something absolutely ridiculous is happening to me which renders me with little control.

Anyways, I am stuck in my current situation for a time. Financial reasons. I am looking for a pharmaceutical which pretty much blocks my receptors and prevents new connections being made in my mind. I need something for about 4-6 months.

I honestly would prefer something that could be taken whenever I find myself in an environment which can cause me problems (my work many times). Something that I can take whenever an episode presents itself.

So, to sum it up, I am looking for a short term drug that will limit my minds activity and pretty much turn me “zombie” like. Ideally, I would like it to be taken as needed. Not an everyday type thing.

Is there such thing in the anti-psychotic pharmaceutical world? Or will I just need to accept the fact that, for the time being, I will have to take a pill everyday then undo the dosage that was done in that time frame.

Any recommendations would be quite helpful. Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Do u like osho…he is my master…by the way thanks for joining this site…where r u from …and how old r u…??? Plz feel free to share ur confusion…

1 Like

I think his/her screen name is OH SO TIRED

not Osho tired

haha

I like osho though

2 Likes

Hello!
I am afraid I am not familiar with Osho lol, Sorry. I am currently living in Thailand and am 28. I find myself being conditioned from my external environment. My co-workers, friends, and neighbors. It appears that every one is part of this scheme to condition me into a person I do not want to be. It appears similar to cognitive behavior therapy, unfortunately it is being used to turn me into a bad person. Somebody who I do not want to be.

Now then, I realize how absolutely crazy this sounds. But, unfortunately, the consistency and the coincidental things that happen in correlation with my thought pattern are alarmingly consistent with this “scheme.”

But, because of how absolutely absurd it is, I can only assume i am delusional. That is why I seek a pharmaceutical option until I can get out of this environment and re evaluate myself.

Osho is an eastern philosopher/mystic from India! He has great insights but some people don’t like him at all. I find you take the good stuff leave the bad stuff. But he was a smart man.

Haha got little hurry…i made no sense at all…thanks for opening my eyes… u are my friend @BigJon… take care and enjoy ur day…keep rapping…i like ur psychotic at forest song…it is one of ur memorable rap…i love it …take care…

1 Like

It’s still dark here man!!! I wake up at 5 am cuz my cat goes crazy at that time.

1 Like

Hey, I’m similar in that I don’t need to constantly be on an antipsychotic. I have times where I know my psychosis is going to become a problem and then I choose to go on medication. After these times pass I go off the medication.

Any antipsychotic is going to take 2-3 weeks at least for you to start seeing effects so you may as well pick any of them. Side effects are so variable from person to person I don’t think it will help you much to listen to other’s accounts.

1 Like

It can take a month for an antipsychotic to build up in your system and start working. If you ever find yourself in trouble then you’re screwed as they’re not like headache pills. They don’t work immediately.

1 Like

seroquel has a quick action and a short half life. consider taking it on an as needed basis.

1 Like

That’s really bad advice. You’re not supposed to take antipsychotics PRN (as needed)

2 Likes

my pdoc would beg to differ. i take seroquel 200mg on an as needed basis for breakthrough symptoms. it works within an hour. i take abilify 20mg as my main ap.

Yes , youre taking abilify 20mg continually. Not prn. The original poster just wants to take a single ap prn.

1 Like

that’s not forbidden per se. taking an ap only on a prn basis. something is better than nothing otherwise he would be taking nothing. bcoz seroquel takes effect very quickly it can work for breakthrough symptoms.

Yes it is. Ask your pdoc. It’s a waste of time.

1 Like

everyone is different, what might work for you might not work for me and so on. aripiprazole is a longer acting med, it takes 3 hours to kick in. seroquel and geodon take one hour.