I asked my pdoc for modafinil

And he will not give it to me. Dude. I have memory issues. I have focus issues. I have ISSUES. Sure, it is mostly supposed to be for narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder, and excessive daytime sleepiness, etc. But in the nootropic community it is legendary for increasing focus and memory. Dude, psychiatrist, GIVE IT TO ME. Seriously. So I am on some other medications that could interact with it. So what. Give me a very low dose as a TEST and I will TAKE THE TIME TO GET MYSELF into your office every week to CHECK IN with you to make sure I am okay. If I do not feel good on it, I am obviously not going to keep taking it. Schizophrenia is one of the most difficult diseases on the face of the planet, I would easily easily have chosen cancer over this affliction, throw the a bone here and give me something that might really help me. Dude. The medications that I already take have revolutionized me life. They have moved me at least a good half way towards my full recovery,.from complete insanity to the point where I could not have a simple conversation with anyone, from the insanity where I destroyed every single friendship I had, to the point now where I actually have some friends and a simple part-time job. But dude, it is so frustrating to not be all the way there yet, to want to have things that I just can not, to meet people who obviously after talking to me for a time have realized I am not quite properly connected in terms of neurons in the dome and are not going to be available to form relationships with. So let me try a drug that might take me farther along the road. I have a therapist. I know the incredible value of therapy as a healing tool, but I am already fully maxing out this resource as well dude. So give me modafinil.

3 Likes

That’s a nice block of text that’s impossible to read, have you heard of line breaks? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I had the same frustrations. Are you in the US? If so it’s not really up to your doctor, stimulants are so tightly controlled that they literally can’t be prescribed unless you’ve been diagnosed with either a sleep disorder or adhd. It’s a real pain, they really need to take into consideration that many other disorders can cause extreme fatigue or destroy concentration. I even believe they should be able to prescribe them to help w side effects of APs, since many are sedating at debilitating levels.

I was just prescribed modafinil for a sleep disorder and even after being prescribed it I can’t pick it up because my insurance demands my doctor fill out all this paperwork saying why he thinks it’s medically necessary first. Ugh!!

@JH85 Haha I was kind of emotional when I wrote that and it just blaaaaaaaaaa spouted out in an unreflecting way.

Are you in the states? Think they are very strict with meds like that over there.

@Jimbob yes 15151

It could be worse, it could be a several page essay :stuck_out_tongue: