I am going to lose weight by

Here you can see the progress I made this month. Woohoo!! You can see by the other picture that now I am only slightly overweight. Another 5-6 lbs and I will be in healthy weight range again. My ultimate goal is to be 130 lb which is I think how much I weighed before college.

3 Likes

your bmi is the same as mine that is cool good progress

1 Like

Iā€™ve developed a chest infection that is complicated by recovering from dog allergy attacks and forest fire smoke from last week. Havenā€™t had enough air left over to walk ā€“ been driving to and from work. Am keeping on top of my calorie intake and meeting goals, butā€¦ No walking for another day or two. Le sigh. Cough.

aww hope you feel better soonā€¦ Take rest but do not give up!!! Just hang in there!

Not sure if anyone recommends this but Iā€™ve transformed my body by playing tennis twice a week taking 5g CLA powder, animal pm, and animal cuts, plus a preworkout supplement. Outside of the tennis I didnā€™t work out or anything. Also I stayed away from alcohol.

Some of those supplements might be out of the comfort range for some but I definately recomend the CLA for everyone.

My cardiologist has explicitly asked me to stop using this stuff. He figures it may have actually made my ticker a bit worse because I used to use it a lot.

8700 steps today. Total intake of 1500 calories. Lungs are still a bit squishy, but improving. Plan to walk to work again tomorrow. Also, online tracking shows my new Samsung Gear Fit 2 will arrive tomorrow, so Iā€™m looking forward to that.

1 Like

You go @shutterbug!
Good for you!
Iā€™m now inspired to get up off my behind and go for a walk. My problem is I just kept hoping that one morning I was going to wake up and Boom, all the excess weight would be left on the floor.
Now back to reality, I have to actually work on walking it off!
ā€¦and Iā€™m ok with it.
Thanks!

1 Like

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

New fitness tracker arrived.

4 Likes

LCARS Star Trek TNG theme!!!

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

hey there @shutterbug I have lost 25 lbs. and I do isometrics every other day now. I am so excited for once about losing weight!!

1 Like

Changed over from my Fitbit at lunch and it had 3300 steps on it.

Screenshot_20170727-220717

Screenshot_20170727-220444

Screenshot_20170729-210722

12000 steps today. Didnā€™t hail like yesterday evening.

I averaged about 8k steps a day this monthā€¦ thatā€™s pretty good for meā€¦

If you think about it, each step burns 1/70,000 of a lb!

3500 calories/lb of fat
1 mile=100 calories burned
1 mile=2000 steps

ā€¦ or each step is (1 mile/2000 step)(100 calories burned/mile)(1 lb/3500 calories) lbs of fat!

So it really takes an extra 70,000 steps or 35 miles of walking to burn off a pound!!!

On the other hand, walking I think stimulates your resting metabolism too so even when you are not walking you
are burning extra calories also.

1 Like

10 lbs gone since July 16th. Too many more to go.

3 Likes

I have also lost 10 lbs :relaxed:

2 Likes

14000 steps today. Tired.

2 Likes

Munches on snickers barā€¦Im going to live vicariously through yall lmao

1 Like