I am going to ask my pdoc to help me get off of the Klonopin

My pdoc knows and understands addiction - she is a certified addiction psychiatrist as well as a general psychiatrist.

She is not the one who originally got me hooked on Klonopin - my last psychiatrist was the one who told me to take it everyday - $&*@ her!!

My current psychiatrist understands addiction, she told me that if I ever wanted to get off of the Klonopin, she would help me wean off of it slowly - I am on a very small dose of 0.5mg daily.

I tried stopping it on my own and nearly went Nuts!

The withdrawals are horrible - I never lasted for more than half a day without it!

I think that I will ask her soon - I am through with taking this crap every single day!

1 Like

I went through clonazepam w/d. My guess is you’ll have to be hospitalized for the first few days because of the interactions of the stuff with your other meds. The worst of it was over in a few days, but it was totally F####D going through it.

1 Like

I want to try to avoid going into the Hospital if possible - I plan on taking my other meds and not stopping them

I don’t blame you. I don’t like the place, either. BUT… a benzo withdrawal is difficult enough without sz or other severe autonomic / neurological conditions in the mix. I hope you’ll just take that into consideration if you try this without going into a “safe place.”

Yes I will, I might not be ready to do this right now- I am not 100 percent stable lately and my pdoc wants to give me more APs for my OCD that is out of control.

Not ready quite yet - but eventually I will try to come off of it

Did the Konopin stop working for you?

Yes - tolerance.

I take them and feel nothing at all, unless I take more and I dont do this

1 Like

I took Ativan daily for the first or second year I was diagnosed.

I stopped and I think my Antidepressant helped me (Nortryptaline)

I also was smoking tobacco at the time and quit that also a little later.

so you quit on your own without going to rehab?

A cognitive upshot of being tolerant to the benzo? (Which causes withdrawal symptoms.) Which wouldn’t surprise me at all.

What are you saying @notmoses - please keep it simple - cognitive upshot?

I quit on my own this was back when I was 26 or 27 years old and could tolerate a lot more than I can now.

1 Like

Yeah good for you - its good to know that you did not have to be Hospitalized.
Im on a very low dose, I might be able to avoid the Hospital

Ideas that come up as a result of the benzo not working anymore. Ideas that are not accurately representative of what is.

1 Like

I was on Klonopin for a long time. My pdoc took me off it when I told him I had given a couple of my Klonopin to this girl who was jonesing for heroin. That wasn’t very smart of me. I think I was on 4mg a day. The doctor weaned me off it slowly, and I was kind of tense for a while, but I got over that. I wish I could get back on it, but I know this doctor will never agree to put me back on it.

I saw my ex wife go through Klonopin withdrawal…at one final point she kind of starting groaning while flailing her arms around and then it was over…this was after about 4 days. good luck. I wish I could get on a benzo, my pdoc won’t prescribe it.

@Wave, how long have you been on Clonazapam ? I’m on 0.5mg daily now too. For about 6 months. I thought that was the lowest and hence safest dose.

I have been on Klonopin for decades - but recently - a couple of years taking it everyday as maintenance.

0.5 mg is safe but I dont feel anything when i take it - have grown tolerant to it.

My pdoc said that even though I dont feel anything, its probably doing something for my anxiety regardless

Decades… that makes me feel a bit better, six months doesn’t feel like so much.

1 Like

Klonopin is nothing to fool around with, but you know that wave. My mom just got in a car crash Monday while taking it. She took her pm dose @ 3am then her am dose @7am, then went driving. Plus she’s on some potent narc pain killers. She’s ok, no other vehicles in the crash. We’re waiting to see if she gets a ticket because it’s a dwi

1 Like