How to reduce negative symptoms of schizophrenia?

Do you believe that everyone can be what it was before the collapse?

In my opinion (I know this question is not for me but anyway), I believe we will never be what we were before. I know I’m being very pessimistic but mate I’m talking from my own experience. Of course we all do have our own experience and some of us (only some of us) have or are going to have a tremendous future.

I used to be smart at hight school and uni as well (not wunderkind but at a good level). But when I got sick after my first collapse everything has changed. I’m not a person I used to be and I don’t think I will ever be. I lost many friends when they saw me at my worst time (when I was psychotic), I heard one of my very good friend (my flatmate), was talking: “She is crazy, she is crazy…”, I felt so dab about this, so I took my medicine and overdose on them, nothing has happened (probably the dose was too small). Another friend of mine named me “crazy” on her phone as my “name”. So how can I feel about all these things? I can’t do my studies properly, I can’t work, I lost my closest friends and many more I can’t think of now.

I’m struggling with my studies and other things as well. Some of us are struggling with other things, some of us are getting better - I’m happy for them and I’m hoping the best for all of us. Unfortunately, I don’t see the end of my problems, hopefully one day I will

I believe, the only thing we can do now is support each other.

1 Like

What do you think? What is your opinion about this matter?

I’ve always had the same problem. I’ve found that is doesn’t help to agonize over it. Maybe you could work in small intervals. Don’t set out to write the great American novel. Set out to write a good short story, and take it easy doing that. The same goes with exercise. Don’t train for a marathon. Just work on getting a few endorphins flowing in your body. It might help you feel better.

1 Like

Yes, you do have a point, maybe I’m setting unrealistic goals. However, what I was trying to say is that we won’t be the same what we were before the collapse, before we got sick. I wish we were.

I hear you. I’m 58, and there are lots of things I can’t do now that I could when I was young. I used to work out for hours. Now I can only work out for a few minutes. It can be disheartening when I look at it that way. The way I try to see it is that I’m in pretty good shape for a 58 year old on medications.

I can’t imagine myself after 20 or 30 years.

I think life gets a little easier. You learn to enjoy small comforts.

1 Like

In a pilot study, negative symptoms scores went from 61 to 45 after several weeks of doing Loving Kindness Meditation (LKM) an average of 4 times per week.

I tried it myself and got so much energy after a few weeks of doing it that I started to get slightly aggressive.

http://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/~akring/Johnson%20et%20al.%202011.pdf

Here is a guided LKM youtube video.

2 Likes

Cheers mate! :slight_smile:

Sorry, I mean not what you was before the collapse, but a new version of yourself. This new version can enjoy life the same way you enjoyed before the collapse.

2 Likes

I would add luiz that you can do much better than before the disease!
You can become much better after the disease!
You can enjoy life much more than used to before the disease!

3 Likes

Yes, it’s a new version of yourself that you can reach, so it can be better.

2 Likes

I’m not the same person I was before I got sick. I never will be. But I’m still happy, and I enjoy life. In some ways, I’m happier now than I was back when I was healthy. I’m definitely nicer to people. Just because your life will be different now, doesn’t mean it will be worse. Yeah, things suck for a few years while you figure out the best treatment plan for you. Yeah, you end up losing a lot of friends. But, once you’re healthy again, you can make new ones. Better ones, who can respect you and your struggles. And things really do get better. It just takes time. And a lot of hard work.

As for negative symptoms, I take the supplement sarcosine. I absolutely love it. I have difficulty organizing my thoughts, and planning out what steps to take to complete a task (executive functioning), but when I take sarcosine, I feel like I can actually do things again. You can order it from any of the ads on this website, or from http://brainvitaminz.com. I would recommend sticking with this company, though, because they have the highest quality product. It’s roughly $30 USD for a 3 month supply. If you take it every day, you should start to notice an effect in about three weeks.

1 Like