How severe is your illness [Poll]

I have auditory hallucinations almost all the time. Meds don’t help. I can pretty much take care of myself though.

I’m waiting to get into subsidized housing in my town. I could get in faster at the next town over but I’d have to rely on public transportation which is crap in this area.

1 Like

Where’s my measuring stick?
Oh yeah, in the garage.
Oh looky, something shiny…
my car keys, that’s where I left them, better put them away in my purse.
grabs purse, heads out the front door, get’s into car
Where was I going again?
Hmmmm, Popeye’s chicken sounds good for dinner, I’m hungry.
Sweet.

1 Like

I answered mild, but I can – and do – pass as a neurotypical.

2 Likes

My illness is very severe.

2 Likes

I have been doing better the last month or so. The injection has really helped and i only feel drowsy the day of the injection.

2 Likes

I rarely notice any symptoms from the sz with the meds I take, I do sometines do weird things though but I think those are because of how I am :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m still alive yet and i’m thankful for that

1 Like

If it weren’t for the help of the government and the meds i would probably be on a street corner begging. As it is I am able to keep an apartment, handle my own medicine, wash dishes and clothes, pay my bills, take showers, and sort of function. However I am not employed, have never had a serious romantic relationship or a family of my own, can’t drive, and live in the inner city because that’s where the support system is. When my doctors told me I was a high functioning schizophrenic I thought they must be kidding.

6 Likes

I pass as neurotypical but I am still on Disability. My main issues are depression and anxiety. I don’t have any positive symptoms…

1 Like

my cognitive and negative symptoms are still bad on medication.

2 Likes

i still hallucinate and ocassionally i get depressed so from mild to pretty bad…

1 Like

I voted mild. While on medication I rarely have auditory hallucinations. Some things are harder for me to do but I’ve been feeling better each week.

1 Like

It’s hard to tell but if I had to hazard an answer I’d cautiously plump for mild. Symptoms certainly aren’t severe if you discount things like anxiety,social anxiety and social interaction difficulties. However those are very probably the greatest barrier to functioning among the psych symptoms.

Things are complicated somewhat by how much the undiagnosed ASD/NVLD/ learning difficulty impacts on things re day to day functioning and how much it affects the psych symptoms.

For someone with probably mild symptoms compared to many of you I don’t function that brilliantly ie never employed and no social network outside of family.

1 Like

If you don’t mind telling me, what medications are your currently taking?

My illness these days is very severe.

are you on medication or seeing a psychiatrist?

Yeah. She’s trying to adjust my meds.

1 Like

hang in there! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks, I will:-)

1 Like

My shitzophteniA went away with a mood stabilizer I’m completely back to normal again but with a little ptsd and higher functioning than most normies.

1 Like