How nutritious healthy do you want to be?

I’ve been watching healthy food documentaries talking about the best way to live without diseases. And I thought to myself, “How long do I actually want to live?”

I don’t know if 100 is too long, and I’m 35 right now. Like 80 maybe? If there are talking unicorns in heaven, maybe sooner. What is your take one this? I wonder how healthy I should go.

2 Likes

Healthy enough to have an easy death :skull: :flushed:

3 Likes

I prefer to die by overdose of tea and cigs,
Oh, please add hamburgers with lots of cheese and mayonnaise to the above,

4 Likes

I like to be healthy enough I can still enjoy things. I like beer and pizza…you can’t do them every day and expect that everything will be rosy health wise. It’s important to look out for yourself…I’m not for being too strict…you still need to have some fun!

4 Likes

I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired. So I have been eating my veggies today. And I got in a walk.

7 Likes

I kinda believe vegan is the best diet to have but I agree with @rogueone I gotta have my beer and pizza but someday I plan to be strictly vegan as possible…someday Lol

4 Likes

You don’t want to abuse yourself by abusing your body. Health mostly depends on a strong constitution and on good genes. You can’t really manipulate it with diet, but a bad diet makes you feel physically and psychologically lousy. Find an exercise you like and do it as often as you think necessary. I have lived to be 75. Being older is a lot of fun.

2 Likes

I think that’s the best advice, and I’ll take your word for it. By the by, you mentioned in another post about global warming. Do you think being vegetarian would help with global warming and with health?

I’m not concerned with the quantity of life as much as I’m the quality of life.
Everything in moderation works best for me.

Besides, if you don’t take care of your body now, where are you going to live when you get old?

I live with a lot of 80 and 90 year olds and I think I want to grow up to be one of them. They all seem very vibrant and happy.

1 Like

I did my super healthy workout years already,kind of glad it’s over. I just want to die well,not right now like another 10 or 20 years is enough,I want to go home more than carry on. I’ve experienced about all I want to now it’s just repetitive. Do I want to live to be 100 and schizophrenic? No. I think age 60 is enough.

1 Like

Dying well sounds good.

Peacefully and calmly perhaps.
Warm and cozy.

I am not fanatical about diet nor do I feel I want to be.

I was vegan eight months.
I was Muslim one year.
That’s as strict as I have been.
I did fasting then too(Ramadan)

I am not a member of any religion now but may believe in God.

I have cut down on sweets and can even say no to biscuits.
My boyfriend bought a packet and ate infront of me and I did not have any.
Super disciplined yo!:blush:

I love :heart:️ baking and do find it difficult to not eat what I bake but I have been so good.

There are cakes in the freezer that I have not eaten.:hushed::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I probably eat about 1500 calories a day but lately it could be more like 1200.

I have started going for walks and doing exercise video Zumba two times a week.
I do not keep up super well but it’s still lovely and great exercise.

I hope to start horse riding again soon.

That will be more exercise.

Sometimes assisting my bf gives me exercise.

I have been eating a porridge on oats and shredded coconut and syrup.
It’s really nice as breakfast.

Today we had red curry chicken for dinner.
Delicious!:heart:

I’m vegetarian and love to eat healthy but I also like chocolate and chips and can enjoy some other junk foods like pizza. Be healthy but also enjoy food.

Well…Being vegetarian might help with health.

Lately I’m so concious of my food and seing my past I think I’ve improve a lot, I’m almost-veggie :grin:
And almost 0 sugar or dairy products.