How much Clozapine silenced your voices?

I’m glad to see more entries on this topic.

I’ve mentioned it in several other threads but just thought I’d let you guys know here.

I was treatment resistant even with clozapine for a few years, still heard voices. but things have vastly improved not hat I’m on 37.5mg of fluvoxamine added to the clozapine. Apparently it increases the amount of clozapine in your system without actually physically taking more. I would say the voices are 75% quieter and less frequent.

I’ve also stopped my daytime dose of clozapine because it was making me too tired.

2 Likes

600 mg clozapine silenced my voices completly in 1997 when i took it for half a year

1 Like

Clozapine doesn’t work for me…I do sleep some at night bc of clozapine…

hi,
I am on Clozapine for the past 7 years…I am on 300mg at night and supplementing it with 200 mg Amisulpride [banned in US but OK in India]…My voices have stopped after Clozapine…you can mail me on schizo.ananya[at]gmail[dot]com…
regards

2 Likes

I’m on 600mg of Clozaril and have been on that dose for the past 3 years. It has definitely reduced negative symptoms and I was even able to attend a course for the whole day every Tuesday and I got homework done. The only thing is- I have to take it at about 6pm to get up in the morning. I get jaw shakes (is that a mini-seizure?) when I talk and, looking by what other people have experienced, I don’t think I could increase my dose by much more(?)

2 Likes

My 20-something son was taking 150mg lamictal (an anti-seizure medication) for mood stability. Then I heard about Charlotte’s Web Hemp Oil as a remedy for many previously untreatable severe seizure disorders.

I tried CWeb and it exceeded the benefits of the lamictal! He takes 1/4 teaspoon twice daily. (The Realm of Caring recommends starting at 1/8 teaspoon 2-3 times a day.) It is a HIGH-CBD dietary supplement shipped LEGALLY to every state except New York and Florida. http://www.theroc.us

Don’t be afraid that it’s made from cannabis. Be informed, CW is NOTHING like street pot or “medical marijuana.” Congress passed HR5226 legalizing Charlotte’s Web because it is only 0.3% THC and has NO “high” effect. https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/5226/text

The cannabidiol (CBD) is clinically shown to reduce psychosis in schizophrenia, reduce anxiety and more. Clinical studies (no sales pitch) and more listed here: http://bipolarhealthgroup.com/schizophrenia-information/

Any HIGH-CBD cannabis product should be added in, NEVER as a substitute for p-doc prescriptions.

DO NOT confuse HIGH-CBD cannabis with “medical marijuana.” It’s not the same. Medical marijuana may be good for some people suffering from cancer, migraines, etc., but the THC in it is NOT good for bipolar/schizophrenia.

EXACTLY. Street pot/weed or “medical marijuana” has too much THC in it. THC wipes out the good medications for a week, to a month, or more. Only HIGH-CBD cannabis (a minimum 20:1 ratio of CBD-to-THC) is beneficial. :sunny:

2 Likes

I agree.
Overcoming the “lure” of pot and drink takes time for the person to decide for themselves that they don’t benefit from it. :sunny:

4 Likes

Hi ananya. Have you tried sarcosine with your Clozapine?

No,I have not tried sarcosine with my Clozapine…In fact my psychiatrist did not mention it at all…

Husband is currently taking 300mg of Clozapine. Stop the voices but does have negative symptoms such as memory loss, weight gain and drooling. He takes his meds at night which helps him sleep. Also takes 50mg if he needs it during the day. He has been on this medication for 12 years. He doesnt like the negative symptoms but like Clozapine since it was the only medication which made the voices stop.

same here! I am titrating from Solian onto Abilify … noticing small changes, but, yeah, I have never JUST been on Clozapine either… I am hoping that I will be able to lower my Clozapine, from the 600mg I’m currently on, to a lower dose… Doesn’t matter, but I feel good so far.

I understand where you’re coming from! I also needed to increase my Clozapine dose up to 600mg… yet, I still experience some hallucinations… My psychiatrist doesn’t want to increase my Clozapine because I have jaw shakes from time to time… I am trying to convince her that I need an increase… She said she will only increase it as a ‘last resort’

I gained a huge amount of weight as well. However it completely solved all my positive symptoms. I’ve been using it for close to 8 years. I also had night time drooling and some sexual dysfunction while my dose was 400mg a day. I now only take 25 mg a day and have not had a return of positive symptoms, and the weight is coming off, the drooling has stopped and my sexual function and desire has bounced back. Overall Clozapine has been good for me.

1 Like

The other night I felt snakes on my legs when I was trying to go to bed. It was scary.

I get sensations as well. Sometimes I feel as if I’m going to have a stroke or heart attack.

400mg has helped my grandson a lot.

Yes, Clozapine can work wonders. I was on a handful of different meds (just about everything except Clozapine over a 2.5 year period) with little relief. I then started Clozapine and found relief after just a few months. I went as high as 300mg and now I’m on 100mg looking to titrate lower. I’m almost symptom free at this point. So you can be optimistic…

Also, other concurrent therapy helps (talk therapy, family therapy, even developing habits of how you personally deal with the unwanted thoughts.)

I think those alternative therapies helped me at least as much as the meds.