And why?

2 Likes

Cuz of health reason…

1 Like

I don’t want any more brain damage

2 Likes

Intelligent 1515

1 Like

Because I don’t like the taste of it, but the very few I did drink, I tend to drink more than I should and it’s just not necessary.

1 Like

I think the same. I guess I shoulf cut it now.

But it’s difficult for me. I’m 21.
(Physically, because mentally…)

I’m a social drinker. I can take it or leave it mostly leave it due to growing up with alcoholics. Drug of choice these days is coffee and cigarettes. Wish I never took that first puff of a cigarettes though. As a hard habit to break.

1 Like

I quited alcohol years ago when i started to take AP’s because everybody said that i’m not allowed to drink alcohol

2 Likes

Been clean and sober for over 25 years through AA. Quit drinking because every time I got drunk towards the end I had an outbreak of handcuffs.

I was 23 when I quit. Age doesn’t matter.

4 Likes

I don’t drink alcohol. I don’t do anything that will alter my mind because I have to remain in control. I have tasted different types of alcohol over the years, but the last time I drank really was in 7th grade. So, I was about 12, I think. I went through a faze of getting drunk with friends, but then I became fanatically religious and stopped.
I have recently wondered if it was the alcohol (the getting drunk) that triggered my psychosis at 12-13. I don’t know though.

3 Likes

I do but I have to monitor myself very carefully. I’m on seroquel and it can interfere very quickly in a bad way.

Same here.
I don’t drink or do drugs because I want to remain in control.
Getting high or drunk makes me deeply symptomatic and there is a chance that I could get Hospitalized.
Besides I love my liver too much to start drinking again.

3 Likes

I do drink, but very rarely. When I do drink, it goes one of two ways.
A: I have only a few beers and then I go home or just stop the drinking
or
B: I get as smashed as I can with the money I have.
… But I only go for option B if I’m with people I trust or alone, and in any circumstance somewhere I have access to food, water, a toilet and somewhere to sleep.

If I do “hit the town”, I withdraw a certain amount of cash before I go out, and leave my card at home so I won’t overspend. But, I’m way too nervous and easily bored to wanna “hit the town” anymore.

I was told not to drink with the meds I take

1 Like

I don’t drink because I have more fun when I’m sober. Being drunk makes me dizzy and sleepy. When I party, I prefer to be energetic and functional. Plus, if one member of the group is sober, they can make sure everyone else stays safe and drinks water. It enhances the whole party experience for me.

3 Likes

I quit just over a year ago, and I am so glad I did. I always knew it was fueling my depression, but I was afraid to quit cold turkey. It had gotten to where I physically needed the alcohol, was no longer just a matter of wanting to drink. It took a hospital stay and them treating my withdrawals with Librium to get me off of it. The first night in the hospital was my first night going without alcohol in at least a year and a half; when you have to consume alcohol every night that is a serious problem.

2 Likes

I quit because of meds and I am Buddhist

4 Likes

I’m an alcoholic. I can’t control my intake. Plus, it’s terrifically hard on my liver.

1 Like

My drinking has been decreased to socially and moderately :beers: Or parties

I love it :heart_eyes: for now

1 Like