How many days before Zyprexa is 100% effective?

From your experience and what you know, how many days does it takes to Zyprexa (olanzapine) to be 100% effective?

Thanks in advance for the information!

It’s been my experience that the same med’s can affect people differently. Zyprexa took care of my symptoms almost immediately. It also made me crave sweets and want to sleep a lot.

1 Like

Yea I think I noticed 1 week for me, but I was coming down from xeplion injection so I wasn’t a clean start.

Some people say 4 days some says 5 weeks. All just depends on if its that right med to hit that perfect spot for you as we are all sooooo different when it comes to meds

3 Likes

@Magicfish how much time have you waited for beginning with ziprexa after the dropout of invega? Was you able to work with invega?

1 Like

From my experience it take one day to work properly with no strange side effect…

1 Like

Ya i switched to seroquil first after the injection for a while but I still had bad effects lasting about a month after that injection I was taking the 150 mg ones. Never felt anxiety as bad as when I was on the xeplion.

The seroquil i took for awhile but it didn’t help so I went onto zyprexa and it helped me loads. I see weight gain as a small side affect compared to the bad ones i had on the other aps.

I also take the dissolving one. Works great and doesn’t taste bad…

1 Like

are you able to work on invega? Because I’m completely unable, last year I worked one year full time…

I was man down on the invega injection I couldn’t do anything. I ended up in hospital I just wanted to die. There’s a long thread on here about invega sustena injections I don’t know how to link it I’m on my phone. You should read it

when ive taken it in the past it took around 2-3 weeks to work i just started taking it again ive been on it for 5 days i wish it woukd work faster but i know in a few weeks it will be working

1 Like

i keep going on and off zyprexa. in the past it kicked in within a week. this last time it took about a month. so i should probably listen to my doc and just stay on it and quit monkeying around with my mental health

1 Like