How long do your delusions last?

some are very brief; they last minutes but they feel real and my mind during them feels different. if unmedicated I would have them for weeks or months. but now medicated I still have brief delusions. so you how long do your delusions last? if you are even aware of them being delusions…

They may last forever

2 Likes

Depends what you mean by delusions

I have some that last minutes. But I have a larger one that engulfs all the smaller ones and lasts months. I pick back up where I left off last episode.

Some of mine only last a couple of minutes, others last for about a month.

They vary but seem to be getting less lengthy with time and effort. I’m more aware of them now and can recognize them more easily . I used to keep them to myself and let them grow but now I’ve learned ways to cope, such as meds, talking with a therapist or someone I trust, or self examining my thoughts… all 3 can be helpful. But now that i’m more open to discussing them i can seem to resolve them faster. Guess I got tired of paranoia and delusions so I try as many coping skills as possible to resolve it and have a better quality of life.

what do you mean?

I mean what do you mean

I dont understand. we all know what delusions mean.

I mean what is your delusion

paranoid, reference, bizarre ones etc.

Forever if Unmedicated

I had delusions about everything being sexual in some way to bother me. That lasted for about 6 years. Now I’m medicated, so those delusions are gone.

1 Like

so delusions are gone forever now?

Idk, only time will tell.

Everyone has different delusions and symptoms

yes different but same types…

The first one many years, the second a year
The third one right now, we’ll live and see

the other day we were driving with my dad in an area with no buildings or houses and I thought he was taking me to a remote place to execute me/kill me. it was a rapid delusion that didn’t last. but it was stupid. I never told my dad cos I would upset him.

I feel like some are ingrained in me forever