How long are your delusions, help for them, similar context?

I’ve had a delusion of marrying a girl -1yeartime
-crazy delusions that came and left
-delusion all related to spirituality/Christianity/hell
I’ve had the same delusion about a old friend I used to affiliate with, since my psychotic break ,5years 9months ,and the more information about it, it just keeps branching .

So one of my question is, how long have you had delusions for, is there any kind of sequence about what they are about,
(Plot,setting of the delusions) What has helped to re-shape delusional reasoning, how to you cope with it

2 Likes

About four years now, with a very similar sequence of events to what you experienced. Very important in some cases, I think.

1 Like

Ummm my longest delusion lasted 8 years…but everything I’m thinking now has been going on several years as well.

I have had shorter delusions too though, lasting a year or even just 2-3 weeks or so.

1 Like

6 years 6 years and my own mother fed into it , 4 months another one and i had a really bad break thst lasted 2 months

1 Like

plus others im just now becoming aware if i guesd thanks to tberapy and meds guess my dog was not really my spirit guide and protectorfrom evil entities or maybe he was because as soon as the evil mans dog killed him right in front of me i lost my fn mind

1 Like

My longest delusion? Probably my whole life. My paranoia about the dark, that is.

Many of them last only a few months otherwise.

Five years for the longest, but the most distracting and compelling delusions never last longer than a few months.

I wish I had advice for how to cope, they really just fizzled out on their own, all to be replaced.