How is everyone's semester going?

I wanted to check in with everyone going to school this semester and see how it’s going so far?

Mine is going good. Working 16 hours a week in clinical at the hospital plus classes. Sometimes it’s a 12 hour day. Which isn’t as bad as I thought it would be as I have a day to recoup inbetween. I guess it’s a good preparation for working, I’ll be graduating in May so I’ll hopefully start to work over the summer. Not sure if it’ll be part time, per diem ,or if I can handle full time.

3 Likes

Your a inspiration I wish I could work so much

I dropped out of my paralegal program within a week because I couldn’t concentrate in class. I couldn’t understand a word the professor was saying one day, so I withdrew impulsively…thinking back, maybe if I gave it a few more days, maybe I could have gained back my concentration and attention. I suspect that I simply hadn’t use my brain academically in a while. I am thinking of re-enrolling in April.

1 Like

TOPS is gone (our scholarship program which helped 50,000 students). Our governor is threatening to shut down schools and LSU’s football program. This new governor is cleaning up the mess from the previous one. He is threatening these things to get the legislature to work with him.

I haven’t named any names or parties, so I hope this isn’t too political. It’s just the way things are.

I am not affected by TOPS. I never had it. I’m with Vocational Rehabilitation.

Voting is important.

1 Like

al well almost got my PHD
trisemester

2 Likes

@Skims

congratulations on being so near to graduation… very cool :thumbsup:

Hope you get the summer job.

For me… it’s been a good semester as far as what I’m learning…

I think the pace has me exhausted. Feeling tired and flat a lot…

Midterms are upon me.

My semester is MIA. I didn’t register for my class in time so I don’t have a semester.

Thanks @SurprisedJ. I wish my semester started as early as yours did, so I would be done sooner. I hope you feel better soon. Times like these seem to ebb and wane. Sometimes you just have to hang tight and let it pass.

1 Like

I’m dealing with the opposite of you, over emotional and edgy. I cry at the drop of a hat. So far I’ve kept it cool at clinical. But I know my emotions play all over my face because the other nurses check to make sure I’m okay all the time. Which is reassuring but I feel like an uncontrollable teenager. you know you have to keep a neutral face with patients. Still settling in with the new med regime, so giving it more time. It’s weird going from one extreme to the other, depression and emotions suck.

Sorry to hear this is hitting you…

I hope the new med regime helps… I hope when the stress of finals is over… it’s also going to get easier for you.

I’m just getting frustrated at how flat and disconnected I’ve been getting… and of course… that makes the concentration harder.

Good luck for us both

1 Like

I am in Louisiana too but I am using the GI Bill.

1 Like

It’s a great resource. My grandfather used it and got his PhD.

Thank you for your service! :smile:

Semester of cold feet, have got my book for summer tho.

Oh cool, are you a nursing student? My sister is currently a nursing student and has just started doing clinicals. As far as I go, I am currently managing in my classes. I have a bad habit of taking AP classes and am managing so far.

So far my semester is going okay. I need to do better than okay.