How do you manage your delusions?

I find minimizing my stress, watching out for triggers and being involved in school/work really helps. I find this really tedious though as it is such a balancing act. I’m hoping my delusions will quiet down more with time as I recover.

What has worked for you?

4 Likes

I do some reality testing with my wife. For example if I hear something unusual I’ll ask her if she hears it too. Delusions I tend to ignore or ask myself it it seems reasonable. If it doesn’t pass the smell test then I try to put it in the back of my thoughts

1 Like

I don’t watch horror movies anymore and i don’t have nightmares no more

1 Like

I like mine’ she helping my [with a price she take after] and I cent imagin to be withot her

I’m very picky with what I watch. Most horror movies are a no-no for me too.

2 Likes

Taking my Meds is number one.
Then minimizing stress and triggers.

1 Like

With medication and a lot of thinking about things, I don’t think I have any delusions now apart from paranoia.

1 Like

No alcohol or drugs
Minimal stress
Take all meds as prescribed
Meditate twice a day
Yoga once a day
Play keyboards once a day for an hour
Read every day
Own a pet
Good nutrition
Sleep 10.5 hours a night

I have no need to vent about my delusions except on this forum either.

3 Likes

Hmm… I have what I consider to be unusual beliefs but they’re pretty much in the background. Even more so due to my recent med increase. So I don’t really have to manage them.

Every so often I’ll feel the need to vent about them though. So I do that on this forum. I never mention them in real life.

1 Like

My kitty cat has kept me sane the past 24 hours. Because I focus all attention on him rather than my delusions. I think the same would be true if I had a child.

1 Like

usually I know they are irrational but still I believe em. I wait until they go away and I take my meds.

I don’t have delusions anymore :slight_smile: I just pulled myself together after I went on Abilify…