How do you keep organised?

I find it hard to prioritize. I’m going crazy (ha ha) not having a job AND not being at school, I’ve got all these volunteer plans and business plans and networking plans and I just keep starting one thing and moving on to another and never finishing any of them. How do you guys stay organised? I’ve tried check lists but I don’t know what to put on the top! Haha

1 Like

I keep appointments in my cell phone so the alarm goes off when it’s time to be somewhere.
I’m really a female, not a bearded man in a stocking cap.

Me, too. I have volunteer job at a nearby nursing home and plan to open web store. Not having a job at the moment.

I don’t think I am disorganized, just a little bit of laziness (and procrastination).

I have a book, I write down everything that has to be done, business wise, even then I miss things if I forget to write something in or look at the book everyday.

I have so much to do right now it is hard to keep up with, maybe you might be expecting to much of yourself, we all get ideas then something more important comes up, then the other gets put to the side and never done. Think that is normal for most people, some are just better at completing things.

Noting has to be at the top, just write down things that you have to do and cross them off as they are done, create a new list once a week.

2 Likes

I’m a visual person so I print out a weekly calendar and color in all the boxes of things I’m doing at the exact times. Sometimes I also find it helpful to make a daily list of every single thing I need to get done that day to keep myself on track.

1 Like

Google Calendar is my friend.

1 Like

I have a large whiteboard in my bedroom, sitting just so whenever I get in bed I see what’s written there. I write down everything, in order, that I need to do each day. Then I check it off once I’ve done it. It’s not great but it does remind me.

About the only thing I am organised with is my finances and that’s because practically all essential payments are on direct debit.

Your name is Bubba and I claim my $5. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have alarms set on my phone for when it’s time to take meds. I have a ToDo list. But something I’ve found useful is to do just one productive thing a day, whether it’s on a to do list or not. All those one things a day can add up.

1 Like

Prioritize and keep things simple. I put most important things on my phone calendar, and other things I usually remember if I write them down a few times. Post-it notes are good at work…

I have a notice board hanging in the hallway onto which I pin post-it notes and other reminders. I usually prioritize the urgent things by placing them nearest the top; everything else goes beneath that like people to call, letters, appointments, etc. If I regularly rotate what I have to do I can stay pretty organised. It helps to get rid of old reminders or completed stuff straight away, though. If I didn’t do that my notice board would be too cluttered to make any sense even to me!.

1 Like