How do you cope with those stress induced urges to drink?

For the most part I can take or leave booze , but have a history of going overboard with alcohol when feeling acutely stressed . I have not slipped for several years ,but today have felt so stressed over the impending move that I have been tempted to buy a bottle of vodka to blot out the intense emotions.

This is not a glorification of alcohol thread so no tales of the wonders of alcohol please.

Why not workout instead? :slight_smile:

12 Steps, AA meetings, calling my sponsor, and one day at a time.

1 Like

If you need online assistance with your approaching move, just whistle, man. I am here on most days and we’ll discuss it thoroughly if you so wish.

1 Like

Smart Recovery - they have online and in person meetings

http://www.smartrecovery.org

1 Like

Maybe ask your doctor for a temporary prescription to clonazepam. That’s what it’s there for : a temporary stress reducer. Until your move is over.

1 Like

I think of the consequences and how worse I will feel after drinking. It will only make you feel much horrible. Alcohol does not make you better. Take L Theanine or have an ice cream instead.

1 Like

yeah, you would just feel so yucky and dehydrated after the fact. You might just get a headache and get sick to your stomach. I might be projecting a little because that’s what happens when I drink. It’s not even worth it.