How did your antidepressant help?

Hi, please can I ask for your help? I’m feeling very anxious, possibly as a side effect of Latuda… at least Latuda makes it worse. Hence I would like to try an antidepressant alongside the Latuda! I’m so tired of feeling out of control with panic. How soon can I expect results and how soon did it work for you? Thanks in advance!

I’ve been on many antidepressants and the only one that’s helped is remeron. It’s an atypical antidepressant and works differently than your standard antidepressants. I was suicidal. Trying to kill myself or hurt myself all the time but remeron 45mg (max dose) helped calm me down a lot. On 30mg I was still crazy suicidal so they upped it. A lot of doctors wati to prescribe it though and it helps with treatment resistent depression more than most other antidepressants. Good luck .

Arrgghh, … just how I’m feeling! Anxiety is like falling off a grey cliff without a parachute. Thanks for your response and glad you have found something that works…

I take valium and gabapentin for my anxiety. Ask your doctor about all these meds. It’s worth a shot. Good luck

I am taking diazepam but really I shouldn’t be taking it long term. Apparently after one month it can stop working and has terrible withdrawal effects including a worse state of anxiety. I think antidepressants are next best as a long term treatment! Just, I have suffered four hours constantly per day since May and I’m exhausted.

Im on brintellix, its been good for negative symptoms and anxiety with an added bonus of improved cognition. If you want to feel smart you should try it.

1 Like

I was feeling anxious all the time, just living with this sense of doom 24hrs a day.

My psychiatrist put me on Lexapro 10mg and it got rid of the anxiety almost immediately.

I then suffered a deep suicidal depression, so he upped the dose to 30mg and it has worked to get rid of the depression really well. I feel normal again.

Sounds good! How soon did it start working for you? I’m in intense panic…

Within a couple of days I’d say. It was remarkable how soon it worked for me.

1 Like