How did you find the one?

How did you know your meds were the one? Also, why do some people have to take multiple AP’s? I started off on 9mg Invega, now I am down to 4.5mg. Been on it almost 11 months now. My biggest complaint at this point is A LOT of weight gain but I think I got that under control now. And supposedly fear is also a side effect. Maybe that’s also the SZ though? Havent tried any other meds. Don’t think I wanna go through akithisia again either.

I have taken several different medications. Haldol, respirdal conzta, geodon, prolixin, and invega. I didn’t react well to haldol. The rest were okay. I settled on invega for a few years. It was beneficial. I decided I wanted to change from an injection to pills. The psychiatrist recommended Abilify. I’ve been taking that now for a few days. So far I feel less drowsy but I think I may be experiencing withdrawal from invega. That being said I think invega did help me deal with symptoms.

1 Like

Im on max dose invega 12mg. Was added seroquel as a secondary because invega treats my paranoia and delusion symptoms but didnt help with audible or visual hallucinations and mood symptoms because im sza. They just doubled my seroquel dose and want it twice a day which really sucks. But i have been rapid cycling in mania for over a month now and something had to be done. Before that i tried a bunch of different meds for years. Until invega i had no relief from my debilitating paranoia and delusions for years. It was a godsend but they are still tweaking my “cocktail” to fine tune it.

1 Like

Glad you found something that improves your situation Reggie.

1 Like

Geodon and Seroquel did the trick for me. Haldol controlled my symptoms, but I was a brain dead zombie the whole time. Geodon and Seroquel have given me a quality of life I thought was gone for me when I became mentally ill.

1 Like

High five, same med same dose!

I tried latuda, zyprexa, abilify and saphris before it was decided that invega was the only one I could tolerate. I was on invega the whole time I tried the other four meds.

1 Like

Yes, brain dead zombie as well

Though I feel it has been getting better

How does it feel being on 12mg? @reggie @anon84763962 does it feel sedating?

1 Like

i have been on multiple different APs. i’ve been on risperidone three times, fanapt (horrible) abilify, latuda, haldol and invega. fanapt and invega were the worst ones for me. fanapt made me sick to my stomach. i was 18 mgs of invega pills and 234 mgs of invega injections and i didn’t have any relief from symptoms. so far the magic combo is haldol and latuda.

No, I was sedated when I first started taking it, but that wore off really quickly.