How about lounge.schizophrenia.com?

I would love to see a completely separate subdomain / forum for off-topic conversation just like what the site did for family.schizophrenia.com

I think manpower (moderators) is not a problem.

The advantages?
(1) It encourages patients to divert their attention from schizophrenia and its treatment temporarily
(2) It serves as a “playground” for patients to join off-topic conversations just like normal persons do.

forum.schizophrenia.com/c/lounge is not enough, because members can easily go back to the “all categories” schizophrenia forum.

What’s everyone’s idea?

1 Like

Please forget about it. The disadvantages are (1) drains more resources, and (2) the inconvenience to switch between the Diag forum and Lounge forum.

Probably too tough to handle, if like it is is already a handful I imagine three forums… :slight_smile:

But it’s nice, you having so many ideas on how to improve the forum. One of them some day might work.

1 Like

Thank you for your encouragement, @Minnii. :blush:

1 Like

I hope the site administrator can give it a consideration.

This is also to avoid posts that would trigger more sensitive members appear in the original diagnosed forum by moving those conversations to another subdomain which needs separate login(?). Just like what the SzAdmin did with family subdomain.