Hi guys so u want to see my god ..here they are

Agar bati…ufhgu

1 Like

Yes yes …151551515

I was raised Christian but kind of fell out of faith…now I have a statue of Buddha I burn incense to but mostly cuz I love what the Dalai Lama teaches about compassion… I’d put a photo but am too ignorant about how to paste photos on this site he he!

1 Like

Similar questions have crossed my mind @WhiteRaven.
Also in the New Testament there’s a something that made me raise an eyebrow. Jesus or the Holy Spirit (can’t remember which one) tells his disciples to not go preach in Asia. I couldn’t wrap my head around this interdiction…

2 Likes

Yeah, Andrey, that’s weird…I thought one of the apostles went there after J. died, but I’m not sure which one…my religion is spotty, my spirituality spot on😁

1 Like

Hey andrey have u heard of jeehova witnesses they ignore bible …they have seprate holy book…

Hey, far cry, the Mormons are Christian, too, but also have a separate book…they like to proselytize around here trying to convert everyone. I don’t know if calling Jesus “J.” is p.c. either.

1 Like

Never heard of it…jeehova witnesses came to ur home they gave us lecture about jeehova…and shows us some video…i love jesus only …

The Jehovah’s Witnesses are pretty nice people when I’ve talked with them, but when I told them I didn’t believe what they were telling me they told me I was going “to burn in hell”. Well, it’s gotta be warmer than Alaska in January, I guess…

2 Likes

White ravan how old are u…???

I’m over 40 but under 50, we’ll say…

Yes I have heard of Jehova’s Witnesses. I don’t know them personally though.
There are hundreds, if not thousands of religions, cults and sects in this world.

If anybody is interested in learning more about History of Religion, I point you to a great thinker called Mircea Eliade. He was Romanian, he traveled to India, then taught in France and the USA. He wrote a great book:

(this is volume one; there are three volumes in all)

4 Likes

I, being American, am fortunate to get to discuss theology with you guys cuz y’all are so much more open-minded than many of my fellow countrymen. It’s very refreshing.

6 Likes

People say schizophrenics have too many cognitive impairments to think deeply but everyone I’ve met on this site has put THAT myth to shame. Y’all are the most introspective and thoughtful people I’ve ever talked to, and I have a Master’s degree in food & nutrition sciences. Nobody at my school could talk like you guys!!

5 Likes

Hey raven i too have serious cognitive impairment …

1 Like

I do, too…I just spent 3 weeks in the hospital cuz of mine. Make that, I have a Master’s degree and NO JOB! :hushed:. Oh, well, with the good comes the bad…I guess we’re just unique! Gotta go, far cry, will talk with you later…take care.

very interesting topic for me too, but personally because of my illness, I am very, very lost in my beliefs :(.
however, I put you the link for the western movie on buddha :):

1 Like

Chris Isaak the singer?? I didn’t know he played in movies too…

https://g.co/kgs/BTGiM8

apparently he played in some movies, yeap :). Me, I dont know him even as singer.

oh I see now- ‘‘baby did a bad bad thing’’… True blood isn’t it? :slight_smile: