Help--what happens when you go on antipsychotics?

I am taking 1mg 2x a day Risperdal. When I stop taking it for a couple of days to see how messed up I still am, I will begin to get overly paranoid and will have anxiety attacks from my delusions returning to the front and center of my thinking.

I also take a balance of Omega 3,6 and 9 essential fatty acids in the form of Flax, Borage and Fish oils that I will notice more depression after a day of being without them along with the “B” vitamins, ( especially Niacin in the form of Nicotinic acid ) the B vitamin that causes the flush. vitamins and a slew of other herbs and teas and vitamins.

All I know is that I really need them like someone who needs any prosthetic, only our medications act like a prosthetic for our brains. I am so glad to be alive at this point in the development of the new meds and treatments available to us. I’m almost certain that I would be living in a hospital or dead without them, especially if living in the not too distant past. But if you are one who can mange without them, well then more power to you.

I went some 10 years from first developing positive symptoms without medications, but I was using a lot of street drugs to remedy what ailed me back then. My delusions became well ingrained into my ways of thinking and they are only put on the back burner (so to speak) for now.