Heavy metal is so soothing

guitar is epic in this

1 Like

Anyone listen to A7X new album?

I liked Hail to the King, key word is liked- i would have loved it if it weren’t basically a covers album. They totally and blatantly ripped off Metallica’s “Sad But True”.

The Stage I’m liking so far, if I ever stop playing Paradigm on repeat I’ll hear the rest of the album.

found a cool band :blush:

Trivium has a new one…they have been pumping them out…av7x had the most awesome puppet show I’ve ever seen on the stages music video…I’d pay the dollar to watch it…

1 Like
1 Like

Sepultura’s new album is HEAVY :cd:

3 Likes

Just curious, does he sing in English or Portuguese? The only stuff I ever heard from Sepultura was the old Sepultura with Max Cavalera, like “Refuse Resist.” I do enjoy Soulfly, though I haven’t heard their recent stuff, either. Soulfly’s “Primitive” is one of my all-time favorite metal albums, love Max’s vocals and the almost tribal feel of some of the songs. :grin:

Oh man I could go on for hours on this subject. I love pre derrick sepultura as well. chaos ad is my favorite album.

I’m a fan of about half of spulflys albums. Their first one and their most recent one are favorites of mine. Max’s son is on drums for Soulfly rn.

Also Max and his brother Igor are Cavalera Conspiracy. They have good stuff.

I love tribal anything that’s why I’m a big Cavalera guy.

You know, the only original member that’s still in sep is andreas

And he sings in english

1 Like

If I had to pick my ten favorite metal albums, they would be, in no particular order:

“XX” - Mushroomhead
"XIII" - Mushroomhead
"Primitive" - Soulfly
"Aenima" - do I really need to say? lol
Korn (self-titled)
Slipknot (self-titled)
“Way of the Fist” - 5FDP
"War is the Answer" - 5FDP
"The End of All Things to Come" - Mudvayne
"LD50" - Mudvayne

Those are the ten best that come to mind at the moment, anyway. :grinning:

1 Like

I just realized I listed ten kind of old albums there. Other than the 5FDP albums, they’re all from the 90s and early 2000s.

1 Like

Only one I don’t listen to on that list is Mushroomhead I’ll have to check them out

My faves

A7x- self titled
…and justice for all - Metallica
Iowa - slipknot
Vii sturm und drang- Lamb of God
Dream Theater - Train of thought
Sad wings of destiny - Judas Priest
Dirt - aic

1 Like

Do u like Iowa? I love everything about that album.

Iowa is ok, but I like their first one the most by far. A lot of people compare Mushroomhead to Slipknot, but only because they also have a lot of members and wear masks. Totally different sounds. The best way I heard it described is that Slipknot is more ferocious while Mushroomhead is more creepy. If you want to check out Mushroomhead, XX is a great starting point. Songs like “Solitaire/Unraveling.”

Thanks I’ll check em out. I like creepy. I wouldn’t listen to Candlemass if I didn’t

Korn’s new album is pretty good.

I’ve mostly been listening to black metal or melodic death and classical music :smile:

1 Like

Train of Thought is the one band on your list that I’m not familiar with. Lamb of God is one of those bands that I really want to like, but for whatever reason their music just doesn’t grab me. Same goes for A7X, though I’ve heard their early stuff was quite legit.