Have you ever stopped meds because of grandiose delusions?

I’m reading my book Surviving Schizophrenia again and it talked about people stopping meds because of grandiosity. I definitely experienced this. I used to think I was Jesus so therefore I still had schizophrenia, but I was “too good” for meds, but this just made it worse. And other grandiose delusions made me stop meds. have you ever stopped meds because you were too grandiose for them?

Nope, I asked to change and reduce so i could study and complete my degree

No i have never stop meds even i had grandiose delusions.

I envy you, grandiose delusions sound like a welcome addition to a monotonous life. My delusions all make me feel like a loser.

Yeah, I’ve been opposed to meds before because I thought that they were some kind of trick- I’ve thought I was Jesus, the Messiah, an angel, God, etc., and thought that the medicine was some sort of means for reducing my power and influence. Then there’s just the general grandiose delusion that I’m so smart that I can conquer the schizophrenia without needing meds. I’m glad I finally came around to overcoming such delusions and accepting that I needed the help these last few years. For the first half a decade since onset, I was mostly opposed to taking medicine and ended up hospitalized countless times and out of my mind totally for much of the time.