Have you ever avoided someone cuz theyre psychotic in a similar manner as you were

There was this kid i met in the hospital in march, then he was in my IOP. I knew he was very delusional, although on the outside he didn’t seem psychotic till he told you his “secrets”. He kept telling me that he thought i was “awesome” and blah blah blah. He told me he thought I had autism because i said i used to isolate a lot…but then he realized i didn’t have autism and kept telling me “YOURE AWESOME” and complimenting me a lot. he also said some other insulting things in the beginning. But at the end he gave me his number and email. I acted like I was gonna call/text him to hang out but I couldn’t do it. Because he was very treatment-resistant and very psychotic. I used to get mad when people avoided me when i was psychotic and treatment-resistant. But now I’m on the other end. This ever happen to you???

Have stopped being friends with a girl I knew with mental illness. But she was heavily involved with drugs.

Yes. There are even people on here whom I avoid because I wish I could convince them of things I think I’ve come to understand. It’s too frustrating.

I met a guy like that in the psych ward too. Really weird dude, drew me a picture and gave me his number, but I never contacted him.

Wtf this guy drew tons of pictures for people too. Where are you from if you don’t mind me asking lol maybe we’re thinking of the same person.

Haha I’m form nyc.

I live right outside NYC? It wasn’t Hallbrook hospital??? Lol… This is funny

Nah it was Bellevue

Well he’s had multiple hospital stays…his name was “Fax”…there’s not many Fax’es in the world so if his name is Fax we’re thinking of the same person.

I don’t think it was the same person, was it in 2014-2015?

Lol nah it was 2017. Oh well. Weird coincidences but not the same person! Lol

1 Like

Yes. My friend was psychotic and he thought I was being mean to him. He would get mad at me for things that never happened. I finally cut him off because I just couldn’t handle his paranoia.

1 Like

when I was little around 4 I think my dad had a cousin with schizophrenia and she was very sick. I avoided her whenever she would ask me if I wanted to be picked up I would lie and say I didn’t feel well. she scared me.

years later my aunt got diagnosed with schizophrenia and I tried to avoid her too. she said she wouldn’t take anti psychotics because they ruined her relationship with God. almost all of her delusions were religious she claimed a satanic cult turned her children against her when in reality they just didn’t want their children around their psychotic grandmother.

I feel sympathy and bad for how I treated them now that I am sick.

1 Like

I met a couple of people that I became friends with in the Hospital but I never followed through with contacting them on the outside.
They were both bipolar and lived risky lives.

1 Like