Have you achieved anything since your diagnosis that you're proud of?

Andrey i will soon start cbt …!! My exam is coming soon …

1 Like

I’ve gotten relatively fit, quit smoking, quit doing drugs and just got accepted back to uni. :smile:
I also killed a spider last month. :relieved:

8 Likes

Worked for 32 years, have been married and a step-father for 25 years.

Quit drinking, gave up weed, quit smoking.

Learned about computers.

3 Likes

Also: Forum Elder Statesman who recommends great books for those interested in learning history.

:heart:

I forgot to say that I also recorded and produced two Easy Listening piano albums and one Easy Listening keyboard album.

3 Likes

I was diagnosed 5 years ago and since then I’ve gotten a drivers license, an associates degree, volunteered and gotten my first job and held it for a year and a half now. Without taking abilify at 40 mg a day I wouldn’t have been able to do anything. I also have my psychologist and family to thank for helping me. If it wasn’t for Jesus I probably would have already committed suicide. To be honest I still think about suicide frequently. My job I owe to my dad cuz my job is working for him, and I still am afraid of driving a car and it’s crippling to my life. I’m going to another four year university in September and hopefully I’ll become an accountant in the future

3 Likes

I think I have been a good son, brother and try my best as an uncle.

2 Likes

I got an honours bachelors degree in computing in the year 1999. Diagnosed with Sz in 1986.

4 Likes

Jordan Peterson - ‘Women In High Paying Jobs’. (proves that being very high functioning can have its drawbacks).

2 Likes

I did about 20 or so mile weeks and raced half marathons every 3 months for a year
That was my best after 5 yrs Training
I was on clopixol

Similarly on Olanzapine I did 5 years of yoga and worked as a field hand 3 days a week (bragging) 2 x three months on organic veg farms

I’m so unbelievably lethargic a lot of the time I did little else and had a lot of support from friends and family

6 Likes

Well I was diagnosed in November 2015 so I haven’t really had the opportunity to go achieving as such. I did a certificate in receptionist skills. I did some voluntary work in the past year. I met my new boyfriend. I quit smoking.

4 Likes

I made some online friends, starting taking my meds, and lost 60 lbs that I gained party due to meds while on meds. So, I’m really starting to turn things around, considering where I was just a year ago. I also stopped pestering people thinking I was Jesus, which is part of trying to live a normal life.

4 Likes

I’ve refrained from punching my co -worker in the nose and kicking random female teenagers in the ass when they use me when I’m trying to be nice.
I think I should get a gold medal or something.

I achieved nothing. no one achieves anything ever.
all are meaningless. :smile:

1 Like

I have had a stedy job for 6 years.

9 Likes

I was diagnosed back in 1998… And, at first this disease took up most, if not all of my life… Slowly as I improved, that portion of the disease diminished, until I almost forget that I am SCHIZOPHRENIC… I still have to take my meds… (faithfully)… I work a full time job (and have for 10 years now) , I am a boss, a husband, and an honored tax payer… I just wanted to say that it might be bad at times for some but it gets better… LIFE, gets better… as long as you are willing to commit to it… Take day by day, hour for hour, each, as it comes to you… LIfe is always overwhelming, but you get use to it, just like this disease and most importantly you learn to deal with it better each time you encounter it…

6 Likes

Wow! You really are my hero! If I can achieve a fraction of what you have then I would be really proud All the very best for the future.

4 Likes

IDK. Something about a job or something, maybe cracked open a few textbooks.

3 Likes

I lived by myself for six years in a really nice studio apartment in my forties. I Cooked , cleaned, took care of my own money, kept my car in good working order, managed my own finances, made my all my appointments to various place like doctors, Social Security, the dentist, etc. I took care of my cat. During that time I had gained weight but I lost 65 lbs on a diet. It was in a huge apartment complex and unfortunately there was bad blood between me and some of my neighbors. But there were people who liked me there too.

7 Likes

held down a job for two months before a physical illness reared its ugly head and got accepted into college :blush:

2 Likes