Have you achieved anything since your diagnosis that you're proud of?

I’m proud that I learned to compose music.
I learned to play the piano and keyboard.
Taught myself hatha yoga.
Taught myself to do mindfulness meditation.
Learned about Catholicism.
Learned Lectio Divina.
Learned to operate a computer.
Made multiple music videos.
Learned to trade stocks.
Forgave my parents.

7 Likes

Before my diagnosis i already had some bothersome symptoms but i got a master degree. Then i did a prestigious internship. It got gradually worse after that. My first jobs did not last very long. Then i had this break down back 19 years ago and got on meds. I continued to fight like a super hero against the negatives and managed a small family business. Then after three long years of suffering i switched meds 15 years ago and since then my life took off like a rocket. Got married, was able to support myself and my family independently, by my own work. My dad died 12 years ago and i switched jobs a few times after. We had my son and bought a condo. Now three and half years ago i switched professions into the security service sector. I am a simple security man. My marriage now lasted 14 years. I am proud of my beutiful wife and child. But i have done all this only by grace of god i believe. I remain humble and thankful because i could loose it all in a moment if it wasnt for that.

8 Likes

I parted the Red Sea.

2 Likes

AmateurUnlicensedQuack beat you to it, Nick.

lol lol just kidding

It’s OK. There’s many lakes and seas that I can part that he doesn’t even know about.

2 Likes

@77nick77 it is funny but such silly ideas have stopped the progress of humanity for hundreds and thousands
of years.
Instead of taking the matters in their own hands, people trusted god and believed fairy tales.
And that’s a shame, because we could all have been cured long ago, and our life would look much better.

2 Likes

I heard a quote years ago. Quote: “If there were no god, then man would invent one”.
I think there’s something like “god gene” in our DNA that makes us always seek a divine being who people think can take care of them it’s hard-wired into us. People are actually quite smart and the concept of a “supreme being” goes back at least as far as ancient Egypt in 2000 b.c. Religious people are not all blindly and unconscious believing in god. Everybody knows that there are people who think that other people are foolish for believing including the people who believe. But you will never stamp out the belief of a higher power, it’s ingrained in us.I’m sorry if I came on too strong, I didn’t mean to, I was making a point.

3 Likes

How do you run so far on antipsychotics? Which one are you on? Clozaril has killed my running ability.

1 Like

Developing a recovery-oriented mindset early on in my illness. I used to be Eeyore until someone taught me the value of being Tigger. Everything I have achieved goes back to this one choice.

3 Likes

Care to explain the metaphor? I am not familiar with these names :slight_smile: thanks.

They are characters in the Winnie the Pooh children’s novels and cartoons. Eeyore is a donkey that is always miserable and only lives to complain. Tigger is annoyingly positive and cheerful to the point where he makes others around him crazy. Both characters get on the nerves of everyone around them, but Tigger is the one who enjoys his life.

Search them on Youtube and you’ll find plenty of examples.

3 Likes

I haven’t lost my friends, just that :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

yeah, i’ve learned to live independently and i have learned to drive and i have been to college and volunteered, i am always looking to achieve something everyday and i try to fill my life with little achievements, lately i am pretty proud of the jobs i have been doing decorating my mums house and i think i’ll feel even better when it is all done and finished, i think making friends and going to church was an achievement as well.

5 Likes

Completed electrical engineering. Have a decent Job in hand as technical consultant. Have hunger to achieve more as in completing few courses, earn a good position, etc. Thanks for this Topic. It gives good memories about accomplishments.

5 Likes

Best of luck sri …i like u man…concentrate on job…i know u will get sucess…

1 Like

Thanks my friend. Hope you too have success in life. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My sucess lies on happiness and peace…no job for me…!!!

2 Likes

No job for you right now. You’re young, have faith in yourself.

3 Likes

Thanks pixel…i want to work sooner …!!!

Start CBT asap please :slight_smile:
You will learn about yourself and will become a stronger man.

3 Likes