Have you achieved anything since your diagnosis that you're proud of?

I am a fully qualified mental health worker. I am applying for university next year to do Social Work. My goal? To become a consumer consultant for an entire health care district (which is usually over a 100K patients).

6 Likes

Keeping on the right side of the tracks
Not falling completely back in bad ways I have a little.
Having a family being adopted
Proving to myself and others I can and will keep getting better.
Dealing with my anger and rage.
Understanding I am worth more that I think I am.
Of working and finshing high school

List could go on no need to blow one own horn

6 Likes

For me, I went out of the house to look for jobs. I make myself working for full time again. Iā€™m getting myself a permanent job in the government and find a few target jobs I can further pursue. I have done a lot to make it possible and probable. I think it would be likely that I will land on a job at the right level in a few years. It will be easy. The hardest part is in the past. I will have enough money to support myself for this life.

Also, I have a very good relationship with my parents we are getting along very well. I often tell mom I love her. I make my mom happy. She sometimes gives me a hug. We are good companion.

The third thing, Iā€™m making myself walk again. The foot pain is more tolerable now. I wish to do stretching more often to see if I can get rid of foot pain completely. I want to manage 4 to 5 hours of daily walk eventually. I am walking about 2.5 hours in a day right now. I am making walking and hiking my hobby again.

7 Likes

I got through the first year of a management degree at uni. I have achieved therefore Level 4 in Management. although I have no desire to be a manager.
I left shortly into the second year because it was stressing me like mad and the anxiety was hell. still I feel I didnā€™t do bad

3 Likes

Whatā€™s it called? :slight_smile: Ima look for it

1 Like

My novella is ā€œThe Monstersā€™ Guildā€, the book on medieval stuff is ā€œMedieval European Clothing: Step By Stepā€

4 Likes

Iā€™ve done well, but Iā€™m proud of the fact that 32 years after a diagnosis of schizophrenia Iā€™m still standing.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve written a 6,000 word short story that I am proud of. Iā€™ve also written a 5,000 word short story that is still in the re-write stage. I think it has a lot of potential.

6 Likes

Made sure my son is surrounded by loving people, left alone by unloving ones and doing wellā€¦which sounds natural but was quite a fight. Made sure he is feeling loved, even when I am barely standing myself and he cant live with me.

4 Likes

Took a college algebra course

8 Likes

My mom nagged me to take her to travel. She wants something nice. So Iā€™ve planned for a trip and we will fly to Europe tonight. I find a tour that is good. We will go to Switzerland, German and Amsterdam. I prepared some snack for her. She was thrilled to look at them. She said I know her well itā€™s super yummy to her.

8 Likes

me too led. itā€™s what I am most proud of ā€“ being a mom to my beautiful daughter.

now I have a grandbaby and she is as darling as her mom.

I am so proud of them.

judy

6 Likes

I stopped smoking
I stopped drinking and using drugs
I managed my money well enough to buy a place to live meaning it isnā€™t much but it is paid for
I completed a bachelorā€™sā€“I did an MA also, but the bachelorā€™s was hard!
Iā€™ve maintained a healthy weight for several years
Iā€™ve cut ties with the particularly abusive people in my family

But I think the hardest thing Iā€™ve done was a little less than a year and a half ago when my husband and I moved out of the 1344 sf home we were buying (Iā€™d been there for 11 years), cleaned it up, did a TON of repairs and sold it and then got settled here in a mere 300 sf of projectā€“we have what we need to finish things except for time and expertise. I wanted to drop everything on the other property and run so bad! It was a very difficult process and we still arenā€™t settled here but Iā€™m still convinced that it will be worth it in the end and I am super-impressed that my husband and I still like each other and that I havenā€™t at least tried to move into a motel.

5 Likes

Algebra is hard. I never finished a real algebra class in college; it was too difficult.

I achieved most of my dreams only after psychosis.
Studied - worked - made a lot of friendsā€¦ got fit - got into a relationshipā€¦
and now it is just getting much better day by day. The only problem is how to achieve happiness? On this freakin illness.

4 Likes

yeah, iā€™ve been travelling and i have been to college and gave up cigs, made new friends and learned to drive, also my voluntary work.

4 Likes

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 1980 at age 19.
In 1988 I was eating a bowl of popcorn and I got a piece stuck between my teeth. It bothered for over a year.
In 1989 with much effort on my party and tons of support and encouragement from people who were close to me, I finally got that little bugger out for good.
Not only was I proud of myself but I feel like I made my family proud too.Now I feel like if I can accomplish that, then I can accomplish anything.

5 Likes

Well in 2011 I became Jesus, so I wasnā€™t sure if there was anything else to do after thatā€¦ kiddingā€¦ theres more to be doneā€¦ :wink: . now that i know i cant be jesusā€¦ thank you psychiatry for enlightening me on that.

I managed to run a small business all through the ups and downs of illness. now im studying to go back to school.
Im honestly just happy im still alive. many times i wanted to throw in the towel.

3 Likes

Making it this farā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard to promote Jesus Christ at his job. I mean, how much higher can you go than being Jesus Christ?

4 Likes