Has anyone tried inositol?

I was having situational depression. I tried an herbal remedy, it made me manic, so I decided to try out inositol. It’s only been two days. So far, I do feel a lot more positive, I’m not feeling depressed. I always prefer natural remedies to drugs. SNRI’s would probably make me manic, and I’ve been on 5-HTP again so I can’t take SSRI’s either. I was just wondering if anyone on here has tried inositol for depression and/or anxiety, and what your experiences with it were.

I have never heard of that. Will have to look it up.
You are definitetly sounding better then you did last week!

1 Like

What did you take? Some Bipolars and depressives seem to swear by SAM-e as a sup for depression if that helps any.

Rhodiola rosea, or in plain English, Roseroot. It’s supposed to take an undeterminable action on the serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain. But I tested out with a high norepinephrine level, which if I recall correctly, was associated with mania in some research done maybe in the 1970s. It can act as a stimulant, or as a depressant. It was given to me by a doctor to calm me down. It definitely did not calm me down!

the herb centella asiatica is a stabilizer and hence can be used for manic depression

I found Inositol a while back and used it for a couple of months, however I found out that it reversed the effect of Lithium (which I was also taking) which apparently reduces Inositol in the brain- the Inositol depletion hypothesis proposes this.

I had to discontinue the Inositol as it seemed to bring back a hypomanic state.