Has anyone recovered from negative symptoms?

how did you do it? any meds? any advice?

Seroxat 60 mg once a day

1 Like

I dont know it. I will ask my doc

Paroxetine
It is an antidepressant

1 Like

I didnt fully recover, but I am much better than before. Getting to the lowest dose of meds helped, im accepting some positive symptoms. Planning activities that I Just have to do regularly, like volunteering, helped as well.

3 Likes

when I have positive symptoms I forget about the negatives. maybe that’s a solution…

1 Like

Oh, shellys, so you find antidepressant helpful on the negatives? Some time ago, somebody here posted some research that antidepressants dont help negatives but its not your case then… :slight_smile:
Me, I try lithium now, its my last hope a bit to regain some life cause for the moment, I have no life at all…

2 Likes

does lithium help?

Its too soon to tell, om… My physical symptoms are lessened but I am still quite unhappy, anxious and autistic wow…

1 Like

Well I’m not sure it does stop negative symptoms
I have been on seroxat for seventeen years
It really helped my mood and constant negative thinking and with that came more motivation
Thing is I cannot come off seroxat now after seventeen years because I feel sure it will kill me
Good luck with the lithium might be slow but hope it helps

1 Like

Ok, thanks. You cant stop because you think you are addicted to it physically, is that right? Yes, ill see this story with the lithium, maybe something will help at the end, idk… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes physically and mentally
:weary:

In my case, abilify which is supposed to ease the negatives a bit was actually worsening them by about 50%, especially avolition and poverty of thought/speech.

Also, CBT helps a lot: it helps me structure my thoughts, my activities, my plans, everything. It is a godsend, but it must be used intensively, for as much time as possible, everyday, until I drop dead from exhaustion.

Lately, even my anhedonia, which was very severe, is starting to improve a little bit.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried CBT…

1 Like

Actually, I don’t have a therapist. I have enough willpower to do CBT by myself. I know that many people can’t find the motivation and patience to do the same. Those people need a good therapist.

1 Like

maybe I need a therapist…

Maybe you do. I can’t tell from outside.
But you still struggle with positive symptoms too, paranoia, anxiety etc. I was lucky because I started treatment very soon after first psychosis, and my positives disappeared completely.

1 Like

My negatives left on their own. It happened one by one. Anhedonia left first. I still have problems with socializing long term as well as work and school (long term things).

1 Like

The longer you take your ap your body will adjust to the med.

Not being happy ails me and some other negatives but Vraylar has helped some with the negatives. My worst problems are having to sleep a lot and lack of concentration. I seriously can only focus for really short times at a time. I do have a lot of strange thoughts to and breakthrough symptoms