Has anyone ever asked out their pdoc?

I kinda have a thing for the pdoc running the clinical trial I’m was in up until today. I wanted to go on a date with her so I asked her if she has a boyfriend to which she replied she does so I couldn’t ask her out.

Anyway I heard that kurt cobain slept with his pdoc and I was wondering if anyone here has had any success

1 Like

if my pdoc was a hot chick that would be cool but I think it would be harder for me to talk about my symptoms if I really liked her and thought it could go somewhere, my current pdoc is a man and is probably old enough to be my father but I am young

1 Like

I had a big crush on my last psychiatrist.
She was sizzling Hot!
As a matter of fact I stuck with her because I was deeply infatuated with her.
She was just an average doctor.
My current psychiatrist is far more advanced than her.
I never asked her out but I did a lot of healthy fantasizing back then :wink:

7 Likes

LOL never have had a crush on my pdoc. Sort of did for a social worker and had sort of asked her out at the time I had been a part of the consumer group of that organization and had to proof read the dating agreement of clients and staff. Was allowed but had to be in the favor of the client and had to go through the boss.

Two very short conversations that left both of us staring into space. She was driving me somewhere and went to change gears and put her hand on my leg. I mentioned that we where allowed to date. Which had her staring into space.

A week later she mentioned she had told her boss. (was the requirements of dating clients) She told me the boss just laughed knowing the full story which had me staring into space. No idea where she is now. Think I owe her a bit of a long talk tbh.

3 Likes

Hey,

Schizophrenia is about setting practical goals.

Dating your psydoc probably isn’t one of them lol.

Seriously…I like my docs but seriously folks…!!! Time to be a bit more proactive with your love life and find other targets for your love!

A friend in the struggle,

Rogueone.

6 Likes

Hey I can’t help who I’m attracted to. And my ultimate goal is to find love and if a pdoc is who I’m destined to fall in love with I’m not going to let my schizophrenia stop me or with anyone for that matter

4 Likes

It would be extremely unprofessional and abusive for a mental healthcare worker to sleep with or date a patient. There are legal and ethical boundaries they are obliged to respect.

7 Likes

That’s up to them to decide

1 Like

Plus this was my last day seeing her after 7 months because the clinical trial finished

hey,

One word Erotomania!

Rogueone.

1 Like

I think you only get that if you’re psychotic

1 Like

I’m more comfortable with pdocs of my gender.

1 Like

I’ve had some pretty therapists. I never thought of asking them out, I just assumed it would be against the patient/ doctor code or law or whatever you call it. But I sure thought about having sex with them. My very first therapist when I was 19 was this cute, nice 29 or 30 year old woman. I told her I wanted to have sex with her, lol. She took it in stride and said no and it was never brought up again. Now I kind of wonder what she thought of me for asking.

3 Likes

I think it’s ok to ask a psychiatrist out. If they have any code or ethical rules to follow, they would say no. That’s not what you should worry about.

Some years ago I asked out a psychologist I had a huge crush on. He said no but I have absolutely no regret doing this. It took me two years to overcome it but now I’ve found other kinds of happiness and feel I did the right thing for myself.

Any decent psychiatrists would say no to such requests. If she said yes… I think she’s disqualified for one, but who knows. It all depends on your life values. There’re psychiatrist-patient couples in the world.

1 Like

I never dreamed of asking my pdoc out.
She was happily married and had kids.
I simply admired her beauty from afar.
At times she seemed to flirt with me a bit.
But she always was professional.

1 Like

I think it’s common for a patient to have romantic feelings for their psychiatrist/therapist, and that’s called transference (projecting unresolved romantic feelings from childhood onto the psychiatrist). Transference is very damaging to the patient/doctor relationship, and usually results in a change of psychiatrist with the same gender as the patient.

4 Likes

I live in a black and white world, even if I thought they were hot, I would not even consider dating my Pdoc,

8 Likes

Yes but doubt they’d want to lose a career

2 Likes

I heard it’s a psychological phenomenon to develop feelings for your therapist/pdoc. Transference or whatever. When you’re that open with someone you naturally form an attachment. But they’re trained to know that could happen and are not supposed to oblige because it crosses legal/ethical boundaries.

5 Likes

Uh, no. Mine’s male, I’m straight, and Mrs Pixel would NOT approve.

Also? Very bad idea.

5 Likes