Has anyone else used Abilify Maintena (injection)?

I just received my first injection of Abilify Maintena 400mg last friday, So far I have had increased insomnia, dizziness, and my Akathisia is getting worse! I just wanted to know if anyone else has taken it and if so what symptoms did you have and did they ease up? I haven’t even been on this a week so I am hoping that it will get better.

1 Like

I took it and while the side effects are greater, I’m way more stable. Once you wean off the oral meds, the bad side effects should go away.

1 Like

I am on the oral meds for a week and half more and its Geodon and Seriquil and my DR thinks the combination of the two started the akathisia, so I am hoping it will go away after I am weened off the oral pills. thanks for the insight

Hi hope the side effects have eased off & you’re now feeling good more settled. My son was on this injection & he was commenced oral abilify for 2 weeks while tapering off olanzapine. Then given injection staying on oral abilify for 3 weeks before stopping oral meds no tapering. I’m concerned this wasn’t done correctly.
Very grateful for your thoughts on this.