Has anyone came off of invega sustenna?

When I get off this injection will I be able to atleast feel happy and stuff? I experience no pleasure on it, I’m depressed if it lets me even feel depressed, and I’m scared to death that I won’t be able to ever feel normal even if I get off it. I thought all AP’s do what Invega does but I realize I’m wrong, I just want to be happy again and I’m afraid it blocked my dopamine receptors permanently… I just want to have feelings again

You will feel again my man. It took me 100 days and I was back to normal

2 Likes

I was force injected a 234mg loading dose and a 156mg “booster” late November 17’. I just don’t feel the same anymore. I do not have any problems or hear voices. The shot was very inhumane and, I’ve read, can cause permanent brain damage. It’s ruined peoples lives.
I’d just like an idea of personal experiences and, if at all, knowledge of recovery.
The half life and complete elimination timeline is extremely long at 150 day half-life and over a 300 day total elimination period.
Has there been any success of recovering from the inhumanity of Invega Sustenna.

Why did you get the shot? What we’re your symptoms? What meds are you on now?

I got an invega shot many moons ago and it had no lasting effect.

I wouldn’t advise going off meds if they are helping your symptoms.

I was forced to be on the invega shot and then the pills. The pills worked better for me. Then i switched to vraylar. I have not been off meds completely for years.

Yea u will recover in 100 days more or less

2 Likes

Hi Wallafish,

So it sounds like you've been through this already. Is everything back to normal and functioning regularly? I sure hope you've found peace.
 What doses were they putting you on? 
 3 months, right?
 How long have you been clean from Sustenna?

Josiah

I’m not symptomatic.
Thanks for the input though.

Josiah

What’s your diagnosis?

Yea i was a zombie for about 2 months, then came alright when i was coming off invega

I had the 150mg xeplion injections, European name for invega.

Read the link i poested theres good info in there

I received the shot because I was having problems with staff and a patient. I really wanted out of that hospital. I’m not symptomatic, I just wasn’t adjusting to the “commitment” there. A lady lied on me and said I basically couldn’t take care of myself. She thought I was putting feces in my hair when I was using dehydrated coffee granules as an antiseptic to wash my hands after being thrown in Isolation in prison because of a DWI. I went directly from prison to the “hospital” when I should of been strsight discharged into the free world because of her lies.

But what’s your Dx? Are you sz?

I’m not familiar with those terms. Sorry, I’m actually not schizophrenic. I just wanted to communicate with you all on that injection.

So you came back after 2 months?
I feel really unmotivated and uninterested in anything productive. I’m having problems thinking and overall, communicating optimally.

It was exagerated and inappropriately a misdiagnosis of scizoeffective.

I was force injected a 234mg loading dose and a 156mg “booster” late November 17’. I just don’t feel the same anymore. I do not have any problems or hear voices. The shot was very inhumane and, I’ve read, can cause permanent brain damage. It’s ruined peoples lives.
I’d just like an idea of personal experiences and, if at all, knowledge of recovery.
The half life and complete elimination timeline is extremely long at 150 day half-life and over a 300 day total elimination period.
Has there been any success of recovering from the inhumanity of Invega Sustenna.

It sounds like the Invega sustains is working - and keeping the voices away. Thats a good thing, most of us here think.

The stress of psychosis causes brain damage - and the medications help prevent that, and also many other things - like loss of housing due to bad decision making or conflicts, etc.

Many people here are on Invega here - and while its far from a perfect medication (is there such a thing?) the benefits outweigh the negatives.

I recommend you read this recent research:

Gray Matter Loss in Brain Due to Psychotic Episodes / Schizophrenia, Not From Medications

4 Likes

these findings are surely concerning. However, their clinical significance is not yet clear.
Thus, schizophrenia itself is linked with numerous brain abnormalities, such as progressive loss of brain cells, even in persons never exposed to antipsychotic medication. For example, in one study, antipsychotic-naive patients with schizophrenia showed significant gray matter volume deficits in frontal, cingulate, temporal, and other brain regions. (Venkatasubramanian G. Neuroanatomical correlates of psychopathology in antipsychotic-naïve schizophrenia. Indian J Psychiatry. 2010;52:28-36.)

Furthermore, Lesh and colleagues (Lesh TA, Tanase C, Geib BR, et al. A multimodal analysis of antipsychotic effects on brain structure and function in first-episode schizophrenia. JAMA Psychiatry. 2015;72:226-234.) found that while short-term treatment with antipsychotics was associated with prefrontal cortical thinning, treatment was also associated with better scores on a continuous performance task (AX-CPT). The authors concluded that the results warranted caution “. . . in interpreting neuroanatomical changes as being related to a potentially adverse effect on brain function.”

In my view, we need more research to sort out this complex issue, while always weighing carefully the neurological risks of antipsychotic treatment (including movement disorders) against their very real benefits.
Ronald W. Pies, MD
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/blogs/long-term-antipsychotic-treatment-effective-and-often-necessary-caveats/page/0/3

Ok so I stopped invega shot on October 21st. It’s weird bc I felt great and then I could tell the beads re-released in my body by December 3rd (it felt like I got another shot). And then it took another month (so up until now) that I felt back to feeling like a normal person. Invega was horrible even tho half to a quarter of it is still in my body. I had to stop working out bc the raised prolactin levels ruined my bones and gave me tits. On top of that I got weird running injuries. The shot gave me a retarded look on my face and horrible looking eyes and that came back on December 3rd when I could tell the beads re released even tho I didn’t get another shot. So basically just count about 40 days for each half life and then ur closer to it being out of your system. I’ve asked on this forum when people felt better and one guy told me 100 days he felt better so I’m almost to that mark so I should be good. And the 150 day half life ur talking about is Invega trinza- I was on invega sustenna.

I wouldn’t recommend this but I haven’t taken the latuda I switched to on the 21st of October and haven’t had one breakthrough symptom. It’s bc even on the lowest dose of invega that I was at, and then the subsequent half lives and their equivalencies, it’s that mind killing that u don’t get symptoms. Invega is poison don’t ever go back on it and I’m with u on this bc hospital docs that don’t have to keep patients after they’re out of the hospital put people on it saying it’s bc it has a 93% chance of no relapse but it’s bc how bad it is for ur brain seriously like it stops everything in ur mind except simple thoughts and one word answers and I was on it for a year. I want to run over the doc that put me on it- that’s a hyperbole I’m not a violent person and it sounds morbid but I mean to highlight how bad it was for me. Good luck and take niacin it kinda eliminates it more in ur body. All u can do is wait. By summer I’ll be invega free and u should be feeling better. PM me if u have ANY questions