Has anyone came off of invega sustenna?

@Thewhiteguard I honestly don’t think the voices will come back. Invega Sustenna is permanent. But from what Janssens has told me they told me that it takes 343 days to come out of the system.

I’m still feeling werid as some days don’t make sense. I wish i could just get back to wat I was. With no shot. Really wanna be better

I can’t believe how a shot can change the way u see thgs. I wounder if I’m going to stay like this. It’s been many mths n I still trying to get my reality back to sense. I can’t try figure out wat or why I feel curtain ways. This days sense out of place. I wish i would of never took en the shot. Now I can’t go back to sleep . When I wanna sleep. I didn’t know how important it was until now. Not putting urself to sleep. N u can’t…

I really hate tht I’m still trying figure out. Wat to do with un chemical un balancing. I wanna be back to normal. Im just lost. I’m just gone out my mind. When will this end. Still can’t take my naps. Still lost of thoughts.

Has anyone fully recovered from Invega Sustenna. It’s been 5 months since my last injection and I still feel like it’s not out of my system.

I still hv no charge of this shot. Still can’t take naps like I use to. Starting to feel concern when is this going to go away. I really want to be better or back to normal. I want my life back.

L-Theanine is a dopamine booster. Most mental drugs are dopamine blockers. It may not a good idea to take it together.

“B12 plays a vital role in melatonin production.* Melatonin has been called “the sleep hormone” because it is responsible for letting you get a good night’s sleep. Moreover, a vitamin B12 deficiency can have other annoying consequences too.”

Drugs can lower your B12 level in your blood. Ask pdco do the
blood test b4 diagnosis. Monthly blood test is helpful.

Where did you get this idea? What is your source?

Lots of schizophrenia researchers seem to be having success with L-Theanine - see papers below:

and

and

It’s easy to search. Just google “L-Theanine and dopamine”,
I may wrong. But you can judge it by yourself.

Also google “B12 can help Sleeping?”.

I’m so glad I was never put on this drug, everyone seems to report terrible side effects. Being on this drug is basically punishment. (hopefully minnii doesn’t read this comment and get upset and ban me from the forum).

Interesting - yes I guess that is right.

"L-theanine produces low enough levels of dopamine that is has not been shown to produce “seeking” or addicted behavior in lab tests on rats or in the (more limited) tests on human subjects.

I have to believe that since researchers are testing and finding success with L-Theanine in schizophrenia that the dopamine increase must be very low.

They forced this one on me once I guess because it’s indicated for schizoaffective disorder. I gained a ton of weight on it and my libido went to hell. It’s a potent drug and it works really well for stopping psychosis but the weight gain and sexual side effects are just too much to handle for me.

1 Like

Science is not a guessing game. Our knowledges is very limited.
The interaction between mental drugs and supplements are not been well studied.

As far as I know, the B12 level blood test is very important for patients who the take mental drugs. B12 deficiency will induce Psychosis relapse. It’s very easy to prevent by taking B12 1000 mcg on daily basis. If you request, the pdoc will happily to
order blood test for you.

The drugs also will impact to your liver and kidney functions. It’s Friday now I have to go. Maybe we can discuss it next time.

I googled how to flush Invega depot from your system and it gave me the name of an over the counter supplement that sped up the process. (This thread is like 2 years old though…)

Again been another week. N still a small chg. I caught myself going to bed a night. Able to fall asleep.
I just need more mths to rid of the shot. Im still trying to fall in place with my life. I still see n understand thg differently. I just see wat the out come of thgs. I’m feeling so lost. Still need to get better.
Now I can cry n it drive me crazy tht it 7 mths n I still feel out of place.

1 Like

Im on invega.
Feel very nervous and anxious a lot.
Positive symptoms are controlled.
Negative symptoms are difficult.

I hate feeling out of place. Not knowing when I am going to feel back to my own self. Need to get back to normal. Need to find myself again. N this days tht been the longest days ever. I wanna live my life again. How many more mths of this he’ll.

How mths have u been on it. Pill or shot

On and off for several years.
I switched to latuda and abilify but back on invega injection.

I m on invega since 1 year.i got 150mg 100mg and lastly 75mg.hopefully i will be on dosage of 50mg if i m lucky.when i was first took this drug as 100mg i had side effects like anhedonia,some erectile dysfunction, gain some weight,sexual dysfunction.prolactine raise,etc.i took 13kilos.and when i was 150mg i have terrible brain burning and relate to this had terrible suicide thinking. But after one years later my all side effects past and i m really normal person.this drug have not good reputation but i could say its wonder drug for me.i don t even feel that taking drugs.only side effect so far some mild insomnia…thats all.but of course all drugs affect different everybody but i want to say that if you want to try this medicine don t quit quickly just be patient and wait all side effects to past.

4 Likes