Has anyone been on N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC)?

I found an interesting article about using NAC to treat mental health conditions. I believe I’ll ask my pdoc about it next time I see her. Do any of you have positive or negative experiences of NAC? Any first hand experiences about it is very welcome!

2 Likes

I take ProFrontal, which is a mix of Sarcosine and NAC. I think it helps.

2 Likes

I used NAC for couple of months few years ago. It seemed to give some clarity of tought and it reduced my addictive urges, i vaped my e-cig less while on it. But it gave me a stomach problems(real bad heartburn) and i had to stop it. Might in future try a sustained release version as it might give less stomach problems.

1 Like

Would you say it made you less impulsive? I need to be able to focus quite a bit but find myself getting distracted by impulsive thoughts that is having a very negative impact on my productively. I’m somewhat hopeful this med could help with that.

Yes, it did make me less impulsive or enhanced the anti impulsive properties of my ADHD-med, Concerta 54mg.

1 Like

Didn’t do much.

1 Like

I didn’t see any effect.

1 Like

I didn’t see any effect either.

1 Like

It places a large mole on the face by the nariz and then I need to get it shaved